PDA

View Full Version : Festool got me again

Bill Wyko
02-08-2008, 4:47 PM
I picked up the HL-850 E-plus planer today with the bench top option and I got the boom for my ct33 dust collector. Here's a pic of the planer but I'll have to set up the boom this weekend. I know a lot of you might think why not just spend a little more and get a full size planer? I would have, but I have absolutely no place to put it. Those of you that know me, know that I do mostly small projects so this should do the job. Once I take it for a test drive I'll report back asap. Thanks.

Greg Cole
02-08-2008, 4:52 PM
Bill,
You're hooked.... and too far down the slope to look back.
Ya better hope ya don't get the Neander bug anytime soon...LOL
Greg

Brice Burrell
02-08-2008, 5:04 PM
You are going to love the boom arm, I hope you got the handle too, you need it for the boom. Let me know if you have any trouble installing it.

Bill Wyko
02-08-2008, 6:01 PM
Thanks Brice. I got the handle too. I'll let you know how it goes first of the week.

Peter Quinn
02-08-2008, 6:05 PM
I love festool. wish I had more of their tools. I wonder how much of their stuff pushes the others in the market to produce better stuff if at all.

Chris Padilla
02-08-2008, 6:28 PM
Do you plan to use it more as a mini-benchtop jointer? I think there is a fence attachment and something or other to invert it nicely....

Bill Wyko
02-08-2008, 8:07 PM
Most likely a jointer. I got all the goodies to make it a bench top operation. I look forward to giving it a test drive. I will say one thing though, I was disappointed that it doesn't have the quick disconnect power cord.