PDA

View Full Version : CorelDRAW X4 default outline width..

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM
One thing that might get a little crazy for laser engravers is that the default outline width is .5pts, not hairline.

To change this....

- Select the pick tool
- Click somewhere off the page so that nothing is selected
- Click on the outline flyout, select Outline Pen Options dailog
- A dialog is going to come up asking about graphics, artistic text or paragraph text...click on graphic
- Set the width to hairline (or .003) and any other options you want to set (miter limit..end caps)
- Click OK

That will change the default for the current document. To make the change for all new documents going forwared
- Select Tool>Save Settings as default

Hope that helps (HTH),
T.

Richard Rumancik
02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
One thing that might get a little crazy for laser engravers is that the default outline width is .5pts, not hairline.
Set the width to hairline (or .003) and any other options you want to set (miter limit..end caps)

Hi Tony

Welcome . . . .
Not sure if the default has changed but it always used to be .003. But .003 is not usefull to laser engravers as many drivers are set up with the assumption that lines thinner than .003 are cut lines and lines .003 and larger are rastered lines. I usually use .00001" lines as the default for vector (cut) lines.

Also note in a recent thread, (see Red hairline= grey in Corel), with some engravers you can't change the mitre style of the lines. Why? I thought maybe you could tell us . . .

Robert Ray
02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Is there a way to import all my Corel 11 settings int X4? I just ordered X4, and having customized everything over the past 5 years for convienience, it would be nice to have all the old features work the same.

Thanks,
Robert Ray

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
02-14-2008, 9:28 AM
Hi Tony

Also note in a recent thread, (see Red hairline= grey in Corel), with some engravers you can't change the mitre style of the lines. Why? I thought maybe you could tell us . . .

I'm not sure if it's an engraver thing or a draw thing.

In DRAW 12 and earlier miter limit was an application setting where the one setting applied to all objects....in North America the default was 45 degrees which made it hard for folks to get pointy corners.

In X3 and X4 miter limit is set on a per object basis. The default is still 45 degrees but it can be edited per object, via the outline pen dialog.
I'm not sure if that's what you're asking though.

T.

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
02-14-2008, 9:29 AM
Hey Robert!

There isn't an easy way to import all the settings...sorry.