PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
02-08-2008, 7:46 AM
Friday February 8th, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!!!

First, to all those affected by those storms in the South, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

From those storms we got another 6-7 inches of snow. YIPPEE!!!! :rolleyes: We were on the northern edge so we got lucky. Madison and points south & east got upwards of 20 inches. We're now less than 3 inches from a record and we should be able to break that this weekend. An Alberta clipper today and Saturday and another west coast storm Monday.

Still too cold to try and heat the shop, so I'll try to find something to do in the house. One thing I'll be doing is watching the Bud Shoot Out.

I keep looking for Al to skate down the big frozen Muddy to help cleaning. I'll leave the light on Al.

What's up in your neck of the woods?

Have a good weekend and be SAFE.

Karl

Guy Germaine
02-08-2008, 8:13 AM
Woodworking Show!!!! :D

Plus, my 92 year old Dad is in intensive care with pneumonia, so I'll be spending a lot of time at the hospital.

Al Willits
02-08-2008, 8:24 AM
Karl, to darn cold this weekend to go wandering around Wisc, so considering I'm making good progress on the TV stand, I'll be in the garage most of the weekend.
Beasty wants to go to Red Wing to wander the shops down there, luckily I convinced her that her sisters would be better companions for that, but she also wants to hit Cabella's...that I'll go for, I see a new walleye rod in the future.. :)

No snow here to speak of, but good luck to those being hit by the storms though.

Have a safe and well weekend.

Al

George Bregar
02-08-2008, 8:25 AM
Since I'm done shoveling the 18" of snow you're talking about, back up Nort' to hang some drywall. Heard just flurries this weekend in the Northwoods. Hope the guy I have lined up to haul the 4x12x1/2 drywall from the gargae down to the house shows up. ;)

Steve Clardy
02-08-2008, 9:10 AM
Leaving in....20 minutes to head to the Collinsville Woodworking show:D

Be back way late saturday night

Don Bullock
02-08-2008, 9:15 AM
I'm going to New York. Two of our basset hounds will be in the Westminster Dog Show on Monday. We also have tickets to see Wicked on Broadway. I won't be back here until Friday morning.:D

Jim Becker
02-08-2008, 10:01 AM
I may get some time in the shop on Saturday, although I have the YMCA run this weekend. But I have business things to deal with on Sunday that will cut down my weekend woodworking time. But I may try to make up some of that this afternoon...

David Duke
02-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Hopefully I'll get another full weekend in the shop, if so I should be awfully close to wrapping up the construction of the pantry unit I've been working on. If so I hope to get the first coat of stain on.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Continue working on the DC piping.

Hopefully get done this weekend but then I'm on call for eastern Washington....so I may not get to it.

Nate Folco
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm out in Park City UT skiing with the family. But my poor father who agreed to keep my driveway and sidewalks clear of snow back in Madison... well hahhahahaah

Brad Schmid
02-08-2008, 11:08 AM
hmmm, my grass needs mowed... Sounds like I'm in the minority on that one :D:D:D

Oh yeah, need to build a frame and access door after last weekends "hack a hole in the drywall to replace shower fixture" project.

Matt Meiser
02-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Hoping to the get flooring installed and the cabinet hung in my parents bathroom. If I have time, I want to get started on a Festool Sysport clone I'm planning to build.

I can't even see my grass. If I could, I would see that 1/2 of it is under standing water, now frozen and then covered by 2" of snow. All that snow everyone else got fell as rain in NW Ohio and along the Michigan/Ohio border. I heard we got 3" of rain on top of frozen ground. That's causing major flooding, which is now freezing in place before it can receed. Our road is like a sheet of ice--our neighbor and mail carrier had a fender bender yesterday in front of our house. Supposed to be -20 degree winchills on Sunday here.

Bill Wyko
02-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, hopefully I can get the Humidor ready for finish this weekend. I look forward to posting it for you all to see. The Gem & mineral show it in town for a few weeks so I might go check that out too.

Chris Padilla
02-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Painting :(