PDA

View Full Version : The Lords Prayer

Rob Overton
03-07-2004, 9:44 AM
Here is a pic of Lavita's latest effort. This is a pattern that has been around for a long time. Background is mahogany, fretwork is Maple both 1/4 & 1/8 inch.

John Miliunas
03-07-2004, 9:59 AM
Simply outstanding!!! Amen. :cool:

Todd Burch
03-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Good Job Rob! Shouldn't the "Thys" and "Thine" be capitalized?

Rob Overton
03-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Do not know... She followed the pattern. I am sure that in a strict sense they should be.

Michael Ballent
03-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Look at all those inside cuts WOW!!! That is the second one of the Lord's prayers' I have seen. A fellow in my wife's scroll saw club made the same one. Took him a long time to complete and he was offered a lot from someone to buy, but it was a labor of love for him. Great work!!! Thanks for sharing.

-Michael

Bobby Hatfield
03-07-2004, 3:33 PM

Todd, it reads just like Matthew 6, 9-13, King James version reads, capitals all in the correct place, I guess if the words are used separately or at the beginning of a sentence, they should be capitalized but it looks like all is well. When we refer to Him or His name in our writing it should be capitalized.

scott spencer
03-07-2004, 4:35 PM
Talk about a labor of love.....mighty inspired work you did there! I've told my wife and a good wwing friend a dozen times that I've never had much urge to do all that scroll work that some people like to do, but I think you just changed my mind.

Todd Burch
03-07-2004, 4:46 PM
Thanks Bobby. My N.A.S. has them capitalized.

Rob, please tell Lavita she did a great job!

David Rose
03-07-2004, 4:49 PM
This is awesome !!!! I'd say the "effort" paid off. :) I hate to ask, do you have any idea how many hours were involved?

David

David LaRue
03-07-2004, 5:31 PM
Here is a pic of Lavita's latest effort. This is a pattern that has been around for a long time. Background is mahogany, fretwork is Maple both 1/4 & 1/8 inch.

Simply, outstanding!

Dave

Tom Sweeney
03-07-2004, 6:35 PM
Fantastic - - You get the idea :D

Lavita did a superb job on that - did the words proud.

I'll say it again - how do you folks have the patience to do this kind of work?

Rob Overton
03-07-2004, 7:16 PM
This is awesome !!!! I'd say the "effort" paid off. :) I hate to ask, do you have any idea how many hours were involved?

David
David, The only thing that was timed, and by accident, was the glueing on of the letters, three hours. You had to hold them in place for a short time before you could move on. 2 People, 3 hours, killing was an option, but not divorce :D

Michael Ballent
03-07-2004, 8:07 PM
A scroller would ask the same question to a cabinet maker about all the board prep just to get it to S4S, book matching panels, cutting dovetails. It's a great outlet for people that do not have too much space and still want to do some woodworking.

-Michael

Tony Falotico
03-07-2004, 8:19 PM
WOW! That has got to be the most beautiful scroll piece I've seen in years. Someone has lots of patience at the scroll saw.

Scale of 1 to 10 ---- That's a 9.999 (Only the Lord could score a 10)

Again, magnificent work, something to be treasured for generations to come.

Tony.

Tom Sweeney
03-07-2004, 8:24 PM
I don't have the patience for dovetails either :rolleyes:
I admire anyone that can do that kind of scroll work or the carving that Wolf does - I've never tried but I'm certain it's not a good fit for me.

A scroller would ask the same question to a cabinet maker about all the board prep just to get it to S4S, book matching panels, cutting dovetails. It's a great outlet for people that do not have too much space and still want to do some woodworking.

-Michael

Terry Quiram
03-07-2004, 10:11 PM
From one scroller to another I say job very well done. Did you cut multiples? Lavita what brand of SS are you using? Your project is outstanding.

Terry

Joe Bourbois
03-08-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm in awe. That is one fantastic project.

Wolf Kiessling
03-08-2004, 2:48 PM
An outstanding and beautiful piece of scrolling. I just came from a show where that would almost certainly have done very well in the scroll work category.

Jim Stastny
03-08-2004, 9:05 PM
A truly inspirational piece.

Matt Bridges
03-09-2004, 5:37 PM
That's awesome! I haven't got anywhere near brave enough to try that yet. One my my current "to do" projects is the Pledge of Allegiance. It's the one in the shape of the USA with the words in the stripes.

Matt