PDA

View Full Version : Bethleham Olivewood Company

Bob Henry
02-07-2008, 6:36 PM
I have an order with them that is way overdue. I tried calling Texas and left a message and they didn't call back. I left 3 e-mails to different places on their site contacts and no return e-mails.I called Texas today and no answer not even an answering machine as they normally have. I called another number they have on their site an it states mail box is full call back another time. My question does anyone know if they went out of business or had any contact with them in the last week or two? Thanks for any help.

Bob

Jim Podsedly
02-08-2008, 7:16 AM
Bob,

I had the same issue with them and finally after many emails/phone calls and going through paypal to get my money back they finally sent me the blanks i ordered.

I also gave them a flaming response on the auction site and saw that they had other negative responses regarding timely shipments.

they asked if i would remove the negative comments if they sent me another full order free of charge. i laughed and said how long with this take!!! well lo' and behold the blanks came in a week or so. I removed the comments i wrote since they tried to make good on their screw up.

however, i doubt i will use them again...

jim

John W. Willis
02-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Hello Bob,
I think that most any of us that order from them have had some troubles with our orders. There are two companies with similar names so the one I'm talking about is " Bethlehem Olive Wood Supplies".http://www.bethlehemolivewood.net

I belong to a couple of pen turning forums and their name comes up frequently from people who have ordered for the first time from them inquiring if anyone else has had problems. Usually the responses are many from people who have had problems. When I inquired by email I got very slow curt answers. My order took 4 weeks to the day. If I recall correctly there was no one that didn't eventually get their order.

I felt a little better using PayPal knowing that I had some recourse.

The bottom line is my order did arrive and the pen blanks were gorgeous.

Some of the people that defended them on other forums were suppose to send them the links so that they could see what we thought of their "customer service". I don't know if they did or not. If I ever order form them again I will order well in advance of when I need the wood.

There are several people that sell olive wood but I ordered from them for the historical and geographical significance of the wood.

I believe they have good intentions BUT they don't know anything about customer service. Their logistics seem to be messed up.

Good luck!

Tim Brooks
02-08-2008, 2:18 PM
I have ordered from them on a couple of different occasions. The first time; I had problems. The second time; I received the order very quickly. I called them after 2 weeks had passed on the first order as I had a customer waiting for their pens. I received immediate response with a phone call FROM them. They told me the shipping department had been under the weather. It was then that I found their location in Texas is made up of one person. In other words, if anything happens to that one person, their operations in the US cease. I was very surprised.

After reading the additional problems of late, I don't know if I will order from them again either. My orders were placed in November and December 2007.

Rich Stewart
02-08-2008, 2:47 PM
That olive wood sure is beautiful wood. One of my absolute favorites. All this talk about olive wood has made me want to order some. Maybe I'll order and report back to you my experience. All you new pen turners, you should try a piece of olive wood. No finish, just buffed. I bet you love it, too.

Rich

Chris Barnett
02-09-2008, 8:42 PM
Any pictures of your olive wood?

John W. Willis
02-10-2008, 10:08 AM
This is the only picture I have and it doesn't do justice to the wood especially after it's finished. By the way it smells wonderful when turning.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e276/jww922/bowblankspens.jpg

Bill Embrey
02-10-2008, 4:43 PM
Bob... I've ordered from them 7 or 8 times with mixed service. I've always received what I've ordered (and usually a couple extra's), but I had one order that took almost 9 weeks.... averaged out, I'd give 'em 4 weeks to get blanks from...