PDA

View Full Version : Calling Incra TS fence users

Todd Bin
02-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I would like to buy one of the outfeed roller systems that mount to the back of my saw and fold down when not in use. Does anyone know if this will work with the Incra TS fence system?

Here is the picture.

Dave Novak
02-07-2008, 3:30 PM
I'm guessing no, but maybe ....

The Incra has a rail across the entire back of the saw. I'm not anywhere near my saw, but I'm guessing that it adds 3" to the depth of the table and extends downward about 3" as well. I really can't tell for sure by the pic you attached, but if the outfeed table and it's supports come within 3" of the back edge or top edge of the table, it won't work. I can measure and give you precise clearances needed this evening if you'd like.

Greg Cole
02-07-2008, 4:21 PM
Dave's right...IIRC the alum rear rail is closer to 2.5".
Most those aftermarket systems attach directly to the back rail.
Ya might be able to make it work with a little customization per say..... but the bridge that the positioner lock mounts to will interfere most likely, or limit you to a rather wide cutting capacity ;).
I made a small outfeed table for my saw that I attached to the back rail with some angle iron brackets I made and positioned the right edge of the outfeed table exactly where I can have the positioner bridge stop and still use the router table on the left side of my TS. Also used a couple wood supports underneath, so I can't tilt the blade 45* but really never did.
HTH.
Greg

Brandon Shew
02-07-2008, 7:30 PM
It's hard to tell from that picture how it attaches to the table. I take it that you have the Incra so you know about the issue w/ the rear rail. I'd try to get a manual from the manufacturer before ordering.

Bob Feeser
02-07-2008, 8:06 PM
If someone here isn't already using it with the Incra fence, call the roller outfeed table manufacturer, they would know if it will work, or how to make it work.

Todd Bin
02-07-2008, 9:50 PM
I have the Incra fence and would like to add one of these drop down extentions. I thought of calling the manufacturer but though I might consult the fount of knowledge and widsom first.

Thanks for the input.

Bob Feeser
02-07-2008, 11:10 PM
I come from Amazon reviews, and the more information you share the better. The forum format seems to be more based on conversations, and brief messages. So I was practicing my brevity.
I didn't mean to sound like I was dusting you off. On the other hand I was trying to keep it short and get right to the point. I wanted to acknowledge that you may get help here at SMC, from someone who already has the setup in question. If not, the manufacturer would be able to help.
In addition to the outfeed table manufacturer, Incra themselves would probably have a really good take on which outfeed tables work.
I have the Incra table saw fence myself, and use a custom outfeed table, that is not collapsible, but rather a large full size, that doubles as an assembly table.
So if someone can't help you here, a quick call is all you need. If you do call them, please come back and post what you found. Thanks.

Chris Padilla
02-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Woodpeckers (www.woodpeck.com) USED TO have a table extension that bolted nicely into the Incra rails but I scoured their website and I'll be darned if I can locate it. I have two of them (them came in a short and long version, and you needed two, one on each side of the saw blade) and like them quite a bit. However, I got the longer ones and they do not fold down nicely...you'd have to remove them and store them separately. I'm not even sure if the shorter version folds down nicely or not.

Todd Bin
02-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks again everyone. I think I'll give incra a call and see what they might recommend. I am thinking that due to the way the incra rails work there is not going to be a nice fold down solution.

I would love to build one that stood there full time but I just don't have the room for it.

Doug Shepard
02-08-2008, 11:47 AM
If someone here isn't already using it with the Incra fence, call the roller outfeed table manufacturer, they would know if it will work, or how to make it work.

I somewhat echo that. I'm assuming that's the HTC roller table? I actually have an HTC roller table on mine and asked the same question starting on post #58 of this thread last week.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=36378
Nobody knew for sure but Homer Faucett on post #73 seemed to think that one of the bridge knobs might hit the roller table in the up position.

I really need to take some measurements of mine, but even if I had them, I dont think YOU should go by that. I've read that at least the lower mounting setup on the HTC has been redesigned to be compatible with more saws. Dont know what if any changes may have been made to the top portion of the mounting bracket or if the distance from roller table to the back of the saw or height from the table top has changed. See if HTC can send you a PDF of the installation instructions. If I recall, most of the diagrams in it were dimensioned.

Chris Padilla
02-08-2008, 1:04 PM
Thanks again everyone. I think I'll give incra a call and see what they might recommend. I am thinking that due to the way the incra rails work there is not going to be a nice fold down solution.

I would love to build one that stood there full time but I just don't have the room for it.

The rails have the ability to slide hardware into them to help support such things some some clever thought and work could make it work I'm sure.

This may be a time where you buy it and make it work. Then you post it here, we all cheer and lavish you with accolades and bombard you with questions on how you did it! :)

Help remind me, but I can take some pics of the outfeed table setup I have with my Incra rails and we'll see if that helps you any.