PDA

View Full Version : Business Card Holder

Mike Klafehn
02-07-2008, 9:43 AM
I needed a business card holder for a small sign I produced (we also do 4 color printing (laser and inkjet) I didn't want to buy 25 from my local supplier just to meet the minimums so I decided to build one. It really was pretty simple.

It is not the most elegant of holders, but it functions well when velcroed to a small sign. You must have some sort of plastic heater to bend the sides. This makes the holder look a little more like it came from a factory.

Anyway, thought the folks on the forum might get some use out of this.
The file is save in Corel X3. The details of construction are in the file.
I used a 45w Epilog @ 24s 100p to cut the Lucite (.08 thickness)

George Elston
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Mike,
Can we get the file saved in an earlier version of Corel, I'm at v11 but I know there are other members that are still at v9.

Thanks

Mike Klafehn
02-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Saved as v9

Eric Allen
02-07-2008, 3:31 PM
Looks like a bit of stress cracking, is that from the bonding? I've been thinking of getting into that but I haven't decided on the adhesive to use yet, hoping to pick up a little more info on what might bond without that, assuming it's possible:) Nice little design, thanks for sharing that:)

Mike Klafehn
02-07-2008, 6:29 PM
Yep, some cracking, but the pic makes it appear worse than it is. Once the holder was mounted and cards in it that are virtually invisible.

I used WO#3 because it sets really fast and I didn't want to spend much time on this little project since I was only charging the customer $12 for it. It took me approx 15 min to complete the project and that includes designing it. The longest time was waiting for the plastic to get soft for bending; about 1:40 for each side.

Eric Allen
02-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Hmmm...I might pick up a can of that stuff. What type of bender did you use to get it heated so quickly? Might have to talk the Mrs. into adding to my dangerous implements collection:)