PDA

View Full Version : Freud sale on Amazon

James K Peterson
02-07-2008, 8:00 AM
Amazon is taking 25% off Freud blades and bits.

Anyone have an opinion on the "Freud A91220 Avanti 15 Piece Carbide Tipped Router Bit Set 1/2 inch Shank" bits? with the sale I can get it for $119.99 delivered. Seems good to me, but I haven't tried the Avanti line from Freud. Are they worth it?:confused:

Thanks for any comments
James

Brad Ridgway
02-07-2008, 8:10 AM
Hinging on answers to this as well...

I know Scott is big on that 7bit whiteside set for $80 at holbren (which i've been going back and forth one), but if this is decent 15 at this price seems like a better deal. I like the profiles included in this freud set too ( not so big on those in the whiteside)...

Brice Burrell
02-07-2008, 9:33 AM
Amazon is taking 25% off Freud blades and bits.

Anyone have an opinion on the "Freud A91220 Avanti 15 Piece Carbide Tipped Router Bit Set 1/2 inch Shank" bits? with the sale I can get it for $119.99 delivered. Seems good to me, but I haven't tried the Avanti line from Freud. Are they worth it?:confused:

Thanks for any comments
James

James, the Avanti line is Freud's lower end bits and blades. They aren't bad at all, just not the same quality as the upped end of their lineup. You need to decide if you want bits of this quality. At $8 a bit its not a bad deal.

James K Peterson
02-07-2008, 11:04 AM
James, the Avanti line is Freud's lower end bits and blades. They aren't bad at all, just not the same quality as the upped end of their lineup. You need to decide if you want bits of this quality. At $8 a bit its not a bad deal.

I think I might have answered my own question. For about $20 more I can get a much better quality Lee Valley set ($139) or for about $80 I can get a Whiteside set (smaller set). I think I'll get the Lee Valley (need to get a good set of 1/2 collet bits, for my new Freud FT3000) FWW had a review and rated them very high on their cove bit comparison, on a par with Whiteside, infinity, eagle, and woodtek. I'll try and review them when I get them.