PDA

View Full Version : wow corel x3 under $100

James Jaragosky
02-06-2008, 11:04 PM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HP_ADM%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpgCorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 CD & Key
http://www.royaldiscount.com/codrgrsux3cd.html
hope this helps someone. I paid 2.5 times that 3 months ago.

David Lavaneri
02-07-2008, 2:12 AM
James,

That's a screamin' deal, to be sure, but probably being offered up since X4 has recently been released.

One Corel guru (my term, not his) says it's a must-have!

David "The Stunt Engraver" Lavaneri

Chad Voller
02-07-2008, 2:49 PM
DO NOT BUY!!! Watch out for sites that sell software like this!!!!! Here I go blabbling on again....

The software is barely legal, by strange loopholes. But it looks like they are selling the bare bones here. You get the CD and a key. No boxes, manuals, extra working files, or support from the software developer. This means you can only use it on the computer you install it on first. It will not transfer to a new computer, and you cannot upgrade it. What a surprise when you want to upgrade down the road and find out that the upgrade disc you baught will not work with your currently installed software and now you must struggle with phone calls, getting a real full version, trying to return an opened box upgrade.... You don't even get a Certificate of Authenticity with it. For more on this, click on the "CD & Key" link next to packaging, in the blue area above the description.

I did receive a promotional full functioning version of Microsoft Office 2003 a while back. I was able to install it on my new computer, even though I wasn't supposed to, but I can't upgrade it. So it may be different on a software to software basis, but just beware.

OEM is similar, in that you can only have it installed onto one machine permanately, but you do get the Certificate of Authenticity and are allowed to upgrade. .

Look through the site, they also sell the boxed version of CorelDraw Graphics Suite X3 in the retail box for $205. This you can transfer to a new computer, has customer support, you can upgrade, etc....

Also watch out for places that sell the educational version of the software to anyone. There's some loophole out there that, even though it says in the user agreement that you can't use it for commercial purposes, you own the software and can do what you want with it. But then the company who made the software will likely put you on a list and not allow you to register any of their software under your name or company (if caught of course). And you cannot upgrade student versions either in most cases.

Just a FYI for people who were thinking of buying from this company, or one like it. Read the fine print.

Kim Haubert
02-07-2008, 8:36 PM
That is about what I payed for it a mo. or so ago. And I got an offer from Corel today for the upgrade. License seems to be the same. I've always bought the student versions of programs when I could. I've never yet contacted a software co. to ask how to run the program. From tech support I've seen nowadays I am not going to pay to ask an Indian 'How To' questions. Gets irritating wasting time trying to find out what a menoo is. (Microsoft Tech Suport)

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
$100 software via the net fell off the back of a truck somewhere....buying it is probably supporting some CD duplicating house off shore and nobody in US or Canada (other then maybe the seller).

The license for the Academic version says that it's for Educational, non commercial use.

T.

Chad Voller
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Kim, that's why I'm getting rid of my MasterCard, I can't understand them, when they call me to verify purchases. No offense to them, they are a very educated people and English is probably their 2nd or 3rd language. My Visa, I don't have that problem, I get local support. Comcast is also sending out their tech support after hours. Bad enough you have to hang on the phone for 20 minutes waiting for someone to pick up, and it's someone on the opposite side of the world when they do. That's why with our Dell workstations we paid for the gold service. So now when we call, we get a friendly Texan on the phone who I can understand, and they know their stuff as well.

Corel may do business differently, but usually if you have the student version, (which you shouldn't be able to buy unless you are truly a student, teacher or faculty, but some resellers break the rules), and you try installing the upgrade, it recognizes your serial number as the student version and won't allow you to upgrade. Why would they allow you to upgrade to the current full version when you only originally paid for the student version? They'd lose a alot of money from the original full version sale if they did that.

Same with promotional software, like my Microsoft Office 2003. I also had the student version of 3DS Max 6, couldn't upgrade it, but still received emails from Discreet (before Autodesk took them over) to buy upgrades, even though if I purchased them, they wouldn't install. As soon as you register your product with your email and you don't uncheck that little check box to receive emails, you're on their mailing list. But again, Corel may not be as strict as the majority of the professional software providers, as I've never used them.

The tech support is not to ask how to run the program, they'll give you links for tutorials if you do that. The tech support of the program is if you are having problems with it crashing, unknown gliches that usually don't show up on normal installs, normal problems that the normal computer user doesn't know how to fix. If you don't have a supported license, they can charge you per call, or by the minute, or completely refuse to help you at all.

Only way to find out is to buy the upgrade and see if it installs over a promotional serial number. Or you can just keep buying the promotional software when it comes out, as it probably runs about as much as the upgrade.