PDA

View Full Version : hvlp sprayer

Evan Shea
02-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Does anyone out there have a 3800 pro comp sprayer and if you do is it any good? I am looking at buying one of these, does it spray everything or just thin stuff.

I have been looking at getting a hvlp sprayer for a while so any coments on any brand would be helpfull.

Rich Schneider
02-10-2008, 8:50 AM
I am not familiar with a Pro Comp sprayer, but I do have a Lemmer T55 HVLP which has worked very well for me. I have sprayed primarily water based finishes, thinned latex paint and laquer with it over the years. I haven't had a chance to do a side by sided comparison with the other major ones like Turbinaire, Apollo etc because the Lemmer has been bulletproof so far for the work I do. I'm certain there are others here who have way more hours spraying with their HVLPs than I do so hopefully they will chime in...especially with regard to the number of stages (2, 3, 4) when it comes to the heavier stuff...

Rob Amadon
02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Evan,

Do you own an air compressor? If so it is cheaper to get a conversion gun than to buy a good HVLP system. The conversion gun will also allow for more fine tuning and allow you to spray a greater range of materials. If you decide to go with the HVLP system you should be looking at a 3 stage at the minimum. You can get a top rate conversion gun for under $250 and a good one for around half that.

Rob