PDA

View Full Version : Can I use V-Carve Pro or Rhino

Shawn Gillies
02-06-2008, 8:36 PM
Can I use V-Carve Pro, or Rhino, in place of the the software (Moshidraw) I have installed to run my laser?
I am going to purchase V-Carve in the future, and possibly Rhino also, but
I need something else other than Moshidraw, because I have not been able to use the laser since new. No matter what I try, I can't get it up and running.
I have Corel 12, and Mach3, but I have no idea of what, how, or even if possible, to use them to run the laser.
I have a 40w Chinese Co2 laser.

James Jaragosky
02-06-2008, 8:56 PM
Can I use V-Carve Pro, or Rhino, in place of the the software (Moshidraw) I have installed to run my laser?
I am going to purchase V-Carve in the future, and possibly Rhino also, but
I need something else other than Moshidraw, because I have not been able to use the laser since new. No matter what I try, I can't get it up and running.
I have Corel 12, and Mach3, but I have no idea of what, how, or even if possible, to use them to run the laser.
I have a 40w Chinese Co2 laser.
before we can help you will need to tell us
What brand and model laser you have.

Shawn Gillies
02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm sure that this model of laser is sold under various brand names, but the information I have, is that it is made by the 'Liaocheng Shenhui Laser Equipment Co. Ltd.'
The laser has model number DC-K4oIV on it, and the Company I bought it from has it listed as a 'DZK-40' I have it wired for 110V, not the 220V as shown on the Web page:
http://www.dingword.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=17&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=36

Keith Outten
02-07-2008, 7:30 AM
Shawn,

VCarve Pro is software for CNC routers, it won't work (print) with laser engravers. You could use it for design work but that wouldn't be very cost efective.

Marc Myer
02-07-2008, 12:11 PM
You'll also discover that Corel is much cheaper and much easier to learn than Rhino as well. You don't need 3-d software to use with the laser, just a creative mind and Corel or Illustrator.

Larry Bratton
02-07-2008, 7:03 PM
I'm sure that this model of laser is sold under various brand names, but the information I have, is that it is made by the 'Liaocheng Shenhui Laser Equipment Co. Ltd.'
The laser has model number DC-K4oIV on it, and the Company I bought it from has it listed as a 'DZK-40' I have it wired for 110V, not the 220V as shown on the Web page:
http://www.dingword.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=17&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=36
Shawn:
It says this on the website
"Create 2D images with Corel Draw, Photoshop and Photograv then import into the software.
OR in Corel Draw 9, you just use printing order,the machine will work. "

It also says Photoshop and Photograv. Photograv is for raster engraving only so for cutting you would need Corel Draw in order to create a cuttable vector shape, line etc. The least expensive way to go is Corel. I do not know what the issues might be between this machine and later versions of Corel. Version 9 that it speaks of it 5 versions ago.
Good luck

Bill Cunningham
02-07-2008, 9:39 PM
Their phone number (416) 729-1989is on that 'dingword' page, and their actual address is 4465 Sheppard Ave E Unit 23A, Scarborough, ON M1S 5H9 (Canada).. I would call them and ask for some of that help they are bragging about...