PDA

View Full Version : Rather ticked at Loctite Super Glue

David Rose
03-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Was sanding away on the arbor when the sand paper caught the edge and peeled up a small section. No sweat. Super Glue to the rescue! Grabbed the nearly new bottle (.35ml tall style) on the bench, give the cap a twist. Well, I tried to give the cap a twist. 1/8 twist is all it was good for. Couldn't even pull it with pliers. No sweat, new bottle in the drawer. Open the package, pop the top, and give it a gentle squirt. Nothing. Give it another gentle squirt. Hear a little crack but nothing comes out. Oops! What's running down my hand? OK. Clean it off and give another little squeeze. On hand, on fingers, on vice jaws... Bottom is leaking badly. Check the drawer. Guess what? For the first time in ages I have another one! Caaaarefully open the package. Carefully twist the top. So far so good. Gently pull on cap. Nothing. Pull harder on the cap. Snap! Off it comes and all over the vice jaws (again) and ma new Rocky Mountain huntin' boots. No, I'm not going huntin' they just feel good. I test it to see if anything might happen to come out on the sliver of wood. Hey! It does! Amazing! But about this time I realize that I am somewhat stuck to the 80 pound horse stall mats that Terry Hatfield made me buy. Yeah, I am dragging that sucker. While trying to decide whether to blame Loctite or Terry, since I don't make those kinds of mistakes, I pop loose. Would you believe the wood is still stuck too? And to what it is suppose to be. Another amazing grace.

Ever take Super Glue back to Lowes? I will take back two tubes this time. At least there will be spares in the drawer.

David

John Miliunas
03-06-2004, 11:53 PM
LOL! :D Coulda' been worse. Just think if you'd have had to go to the bathroom in the middle of all that! :D :D :D :cool:

David Rose
03-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Oh yeah! I read the story about the guy with the bottle in his pocket that broke. I know many of the folks in our ER so it would have really been bad. :(

The story is fresh enough in my memory that I think I would have just finished off the Rocky Mountain boots instead.

Man! You come up with the "neatest" ideas! :D :D ;) :rolleyes:

David

LOL! :D Coulda' been worse. Just think if you'd have had to go to the bathroom in the middle of all that! :D :D :D :cool:

Dan Bussiere
03-08-2004, 10:48 AM
You two got to thinking, then to laughing! Now my side hurts.
Dan