PDA

View Full Version : Mini Baseball Bats

Nicole Hernandez
02-06-2008, 2:37 PM
Thinking Spring... baseball season... yeah. Anyone have a source for mini bats?

Carl Sewell
02-06-2008, 2:41 PM
http://www.gonebatty.net/bats.html

mike klein
08-19-2013, 5:32 PM
Don't buy your bats from RLC Bats

I ordered and paid for 500 18" bats over 2 months ago...They won't return phone calls or respond to emails.
$1,250.00 down the tube.
Bad way to run a online business.

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-19-2013, 7:06 PM
Don't buy your bats from RLC Bats

I ordered and paid for 500 18" bats over 2 months ago...They won't return phone calls or respond to emails.
$1,250.00 down the tube.
Bad way to run a online business.

Contest the credit card charge if possible.

mike klein
08-19-2013, 7:19 PM
Contest the credit card charge if possible.

They would only accept a personal/company check which cleared my bank a long time ago.

If they have a production problem or something beyond their control I can understand that, but to completely ignore a customer that ticks me off
the worse.

Mark Sipes
08-19-2013, 7:37 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a forum member or 2 in area that might stop by as see what's up

rlcbats.com
Aaron Rekich
113 N Boundary St
BUTLER, PA 16001

registrant-phone: +1.7248228936
registrant-email: RLCbats@hotmail.com

Peter Meacham
08-19-2013, 8:01 PM
Mark, I am in the Paso area - but the bat company is in Pennsylvania

Bruce Dillingham
08-19-2013, 9:15 PM
Check Amazon. I just did quite a few.

Dan Hintz
08-20-2013, 7:31 AM
Mike,

Maybe you should remove their hotlink from your post to avoid giving them more business through Google bots...

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Hopefully this is not yet another company to be profiled as a business who accepts payment, yet does not deliver services or items agreed upon. Doing a quick search on names, the last ebay review states they never received the item and the seller has not replied to email. It looks like they are active on fb. Daily public posts are made.

mike klein
08-20-2013, 1:07 PM
I finally did get ahold of a gal out there this morning and was told that 100 of the 500 I ordered are suppose to be shipping today. They have had high humidity in the area which I am told is causing delays drying the clear finish they put on the bats. I ordered from them several months ago and was very pleased with the quality and price of the bats so thats whey I went back for more. It just makes me a bit nervous when i put out that kind of money and don't get responses.

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-20-2013, 1:47 PM
I take a much tougher stance on this. There is absolutely no excuse for lack of communcation from a business. They should be proactive in providing order updates. Humidity is not going to prevent them from picking up a phone and making a call, sending a letter or fax or writing an email to let their customer they have changed the order to backorder status and does the customer still want the order.

Dan Hintz
08-20-2013, 2:25 PM
Not only that, but high humidity should only delay a couple of days... not months. Besides, you would think that high quality finish would be because they have environmentally controlled painting areas, not luck of the draw with the current weather :-/

Martin Boekers
08-20-2013, 3:54 PM
I hate to say it but this is there business..... If high humidity shuts them down how do they stay in business? Really! if humidity is the real reason you have issues, a normal business would find a way to work around it. I would find another vendor and ask to be reimbursed for the whole order...

mike klein
08-20-2013, 8:00 PM
I have found another vendor and quite a bit less in cost. The bats are excellent quality and are a mixture of ash and maple. Although the ash is more grainy than the maple, they still engrave nicely and I have sold several of them and have had excellent customer feedback. The guy delivered 3,000 of them last weekend to our shop, very honest and friendly gentleman to deal with.

I do agree with you guys on the humidity issue....if that is a problem then I suggest a person get it resolved real quick.

Patrick Licata
08-28-2013, 9:32 PM
Mike,
Care to share who the new vendor is you found?

mike klein
08-28-2013, 9:54 PM
Mike,
Care to share who the new vendor is you found?

His name is Ed

I have his personal contact info but I would rather not publicaly post it so the best way to contact him which is how I orignally found him, is thru
his Ebay listings. It might take him a few days to get back to you, he's a pretty busy man. If you don't have any luck there drop me a pm and I'll
give you his info.

Don't judge the quality of the bats by the picture in the listing, they look a whole lot better in person.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/lot-of-10-dozen-mini-baseball-bats-PLAIN-with-NATURAL-glossy-finish-/181204047835?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a309a57db