PDA

View Full Version : small wood gloat

Tony Wheeler
02-06-2008, 12:45 AM
A friend called me before the super bowl that I have not talked to in several years just to see how I was well in talking it came up that I was turning now and since I new he lived on a farm I ask if he was clearly any trees. He informed me that a couple of years ago that he sold off a lot of his timber to a logger and that the logger has not returned back for over a year and I could have all i wanted that was left since they were burning it in the fire place and most of what was left was crotchs and knots. The good new I went yesterday and got a couple logs there is still about a 100 or more left and there mostly crotches dang the bad luck oh yea they are walnut these two are 20 in dia on the small end

Steve Thomas
02-06-2008, 6:42 AM
Ding Ding!

Benjamin Dahl
02-06-2008, 7:21 AM
Tony, that is a great gloat. have fun with the walnut.

robert hainstock
02-06-2008, 9:19 AM
Seriously wonderful gloat. There is no better more pleasing to the eye fun to turn than waalnut. Also none with more character and beayty than those crotches and knots. Congratilations! :D:D:D
Bob

William Bachtel
02-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Very nice Walnut. Now you need a bandsaw mill to help you out.

Bernie Weishapl
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Congrats on the walnut. Great gloat.

Brad Hammond
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
loggers will always leave crotches behind. around here i get lucky sometimes and they'll leave a 4' or 5' section. i take em and have them sawn. great veneer material! i love turning crotches!
congrads!