PDA

View Full Version : Glass Suppliers

Sean Bullock
02-06-2008, 12:43 AM
I am in need of ~125 shot glasses for a wedding this spring and am looking for suppliers. We have a distributor of Libby glassware in Tucson, but have the feeling that they will not be the most reasonable prices. Any ideas?

Mike Null
02-06-2008, 5:28 AM
Sean

There are few materials heavier than glass so bear that in mind when shopping. Freight can kill you.

For shot glasses I would go to a restaurant supply house or a Garden Ridge type store.

Pete Simmons
02-06-2008, 7:08 AM
I am doing flutes for a wedding.

Went to Walmart and found Libby flutes $3.99 for a set of 4.

The store only had 4 boxes. I then went to 2 more Walmart's within 5 miles of me and have a total of about 15 sets. Last store I spoke to a manager and ordered 20 more boxes. They ordered 40 and said about 2 weeks.

I have plenty of time (June wedding ) so if the order does not work I will keep going to different Walmarts.

At $1 each that is just about postage if ordered via the web.

They have other flutes at about $3-$5 each. The Libbys must be seconds or something but they look fine to me and engrave nice.

Don Necaise
02-06-2008, 7:22 AM
Pete
Just curious how much do you charge for engraving the glasses for weddings

Pete Simmons
02-06-2008, 7:36 AM
I be making a lot of $$ on this deal.

It is my Son's wedding.

If I had not found the $1 each glasses it was going to be plastic - not engraved. At one point I thought I could find cheap acrylic flutes that would engrave easily and safely but I never found any.

I am looking into a deal with a local party store. Told them if they supply the glasses I would engrave them for $3 - $6 each depending on quantity and the artwork.

That way I do not need to stock anything.

John Lewandowski
02-06-2008, 8:50 AM
Sometimes you can find good deals at that buy dot com site. All depends on timing. Also sometimes free shipping.

Stephen Beckham
02-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I got 200 shot glasses from acemart.com. They seemed to be about the best on price.

I like libbey glass because I seem to get a really good etch and they have nice selection.

The only other provider that I get from is marck.com. They seem to have really nice prices on all of their glass.

Sean Bullock
02-06-2008, 1:10 PM
I got 200 shot glasses from acemart.com. They seemed to be about the best on price.

I like libbey glass because I seem to get a really good etch and they have nice selection.

The only other provider that I get from is marck.com. They seem to have really nice prices on all of their glass.

How much do you typically charge for engraving on a shot glass? I am competing in price with a silk screening company, but am hoping once they see the quality and permanence of etching, they will be willing to pay a little more.

Stephen Beckham
02-06-2008, 5:02 PM
Can't honestly recall - I believe it was $2 which included the cost of the glass. So it was about $1 each for glass plus shipping and $1 each to etch.

The total laser time was about 12 seconds and the setup was simple in the rotator. Finished them all in one afternoon...

Paul Brinkmeyer
02-06-2008, 5:08 PM
I use to pad print glass shot glasses for weddings all the time. Mostly got them from a dollar store near me. Cost was $1.00 for package of 4. The Dollar store did not stock them, but when I asked, they looked them up and found that they could get them. I had to order quite a few, but was well worth it. It surprising what they can get if you know someone that will look.

I still have a few left I laser for gifts, but not enough for you.