PDA

View Full Version : Couple of small things

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-05-2008, 9:42 PM
Got some time in the shop.

Finished a commission - Cigar Letter Opener - Spalted Maple with a Paduk Band.

Also made a sample pen to show clients what this style looks like. I needed to expand my offering and decided on the Navigator. Has Metal at pressure points and is available in both Rollerball and Fountain pens. Wood is Olive wood.

My usual finish on both.

As always, thanks for lookin' and your comments - both pro and con are appreciated. I respect your opinions and the only way to improve is to have outside imput.:thumb:

Bruce;)

Bill Stevener
02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Bruce, your work is always quite nice. However, DIM the lights man, DIM the lights, I want to see it all.:)

Just my opinion!:D

Ben Gastfriend
02-06-2008, 4:41 PM
They both look great, I'm sure your clients will be happy!

robert hainstock
02-06-2008, 7:45 PM
They look great, but lose the white background. And maybe the flash. I've taken some overexposed pics with the flash on. :):)
Bob

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-06-2008, 9:38 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys. Still working on the Photo thing. BTW, one school of thought says use only White and others say use colors. Still playing around.

Bruce

Bill Stevener
02-06-2008, 9:43 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys. Still working on the Photo thing. BTW, one school of thought says use only White and others say use colors. Still playing around.

Bruce

Try a gray, fade to white card. Then add your lighting. I don't think you need all that flash stuff.

Michael Lutz
02-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Bruce,

So is that the pen you told me about at Woodcraft the other day?

I like the pen, but the picture appears a little grainy when you click on it. I like the figure better on the letter opener.

Mike

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-09-2008, 8:19 PM
YUP, that's the one, Mike.

Bruce