PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this?

Skip Weiser
02-05-2008, 2:28 PM
Hope this isn't a repost.

www.sawstop.com (http://www.sawstop.com/)

Check out the videos. It's a table saw that won't eat fingers.

Skip

Norman Pyles
02-05-2008, 2:30 PM
Yeah, it's been talked about a couple times here.:D

George Bregar
02-05-2008, 2:58 PM
The next thing you know is that they will be putting a riving knife on it! ;)

Greg Cole
02-05-2008, 3:19 PM
Rumor of a contractor saw true as well... for 2020 maybe? :p

Greg

Jeff Craven
02-05-2008, 4:41 PM
Hope this isn't a repost.
You could find out if it is a repost, instead of hoping. ;)
http://sawmillcreek.org/search.php

M Toupin
02-05-2008, 5:11 PM
If form holds true, this should get good:rolleyes:

I'm gonna grab a lawn chair and a beer:D

Mark Engel
02-05-2008, 5:43 PM
That's pretty cool.

I wonder why they don't put that brake on ALL table saws??? :confused:

Dave Chrudimsky
02-05-2008, 6:10 PM
I wouldn't buy it. No saw is any good unless it's a left tilt...:)

Jason Beam
02-05-2008, 6:13 PM
Jeeze .. you guys are relentless!

Skip, they're givin' you a hard time. That saw's been out a couple years now and many folks here own them. There are some pretty controversial and confrontational topics on the subject that can be found via the forum search. It's a repost, by about 2 years.

George Bregar
02-05-2008, 6:14 PM
I wouldn't buy it. No saw is any good unless it's a left tilt...:) They're only left tilt.

Dave Chrudimsky
02-05-2008, 6:21 PM
George,

Yeah, I guess it's only funny to me because I only found that out earlier this year, after lusting over the SawStop for the last year or two, thinking to myself that I had to choose between a left tilt unisaw or a SawStop.

George Bregar
02-05-2008, 6:25 PM
George,

Yeah, I guess it's only funny to me because I only found that out earlier this year, after lusting over the SawStop for the last year or two, thinking to myself that I had to choose between a left tilt unisaw or a SawStop. Ooops, sorry, didn't know the history, but knew it was a LT. Getting one myself one as soon as my empty 24x36 garage gets converted to a shop and I have a place for it.

glenn bradley
02-05-2008, 6:26 PM
Alright, alright, quit pickin' on the guy. Thanks for the post Skip. As you have no doubt realized, a few of the folks here are aware of the Saw Stop product. Don't worry, one of them will do something dumb any moment and then you can rib them back ;-)

Don Bullock
02-05-2008, 8:02 PM
Great find Skip. Don't let the other bother you for finding something you thought was new. I'm glad you're excited about them.

Here's the post I made when mine arrived:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=55934

I'm really enjoying using it and yes, I use push sticks and the guard all the time.:D

Dave MacArthur
02-05-2008, 9:36 PM
LOL, I read this and just HAD to click it and see what kind of ruckus got up.

Somehow I think Skip will have the last laugh out of this! Skip, I just got to see/use one in person last week, and it's a GREAT saw, even without the safety feature. The control wheels turned like butter. If only it was painted mustard color.

Barry Nelson
02-06-2008, 4:26 AM
This particular brand of saw is just about to arrive in Australia,within the next couple of weeks.It will be interesting to see what Aussie woodworkers think of them.