PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Weather in SoCal

glenn bradley
02-05-2008, 1:05 PM
As many of you are aware, the left coast experienced a torrential downpour last week of biblical proportions. Although the “Coalition to Make Everyone Think California is Perfect” has deep reaching tentacles into the media and the political arenas; they just couldn’t keep the lid on this one.

Through no small risk to myself, I was able to smuggle a camera into the areas experiencing the very worst of the storm front. To say I was confronted with the aftermath of Mother Nature’s worst is a tawdry understatement.

I was so stunned by the devastation; I nearly forgot my mission; get photographic evidence and get out alive. Prepare yourselves . . . attached here is a photo showing some of the worst of the carnage:

Jim Becker
02-05-2008, 1:22 PM
LOL! Catagory .5, eh?

Greg Cole
02-05-2008, 1:31 PM
Kinda makes the four F4 tornadoes from a few years back that were within 3 miles of my house seem rather paltry in comparison.
FEMA should be on top of the situation & will respond in full force. No worries residents of South CA, as soon as the Katrina left overs are taken care of, Uncle Sam's best will be right on it.:D

Greg

Dennis Peacock
02-05-2008, 1:51 PM
Wow Glenn, glad you made it out safely..!!!! With weather like that? I'm glad I live in tornado alley. ;)

Al Wasser
02-05-2008, 2:00 PM
The aftermath of that storm has hit Colorado the past couple of days. Many mtn. passes are closed and generally poor to lousy driving conditions.

Lee DeRaud
02-05-2008, 2:29 PM
The aftermath of that storm has hit Colorado the past couple of days. Many mtn. passes are closed and generally poor to lousy driving conditions.There was a news story a couple days ago about a couple of Amtrak trains that were stranded...in Donner Pass.:eek:

They haven't announced plans for a TV movie about their ordeal, but I suspect they're just waiting for the writers' strike to get cleared up first.:cool: