PDA

View Full Version : Vintage logo request

Uma Duffy
02-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Any chance that someone out there has vector file of a logo that was used by the Boys & Girls Club back in the 1960's? We're working on a repro of an old damaged piece and would like to add a period logo if we can find one. Mind you, I don't know what the logo looked like back then....but I'm hoping someone might... Thank you in advance!

Joe Pelonio
02-05-2008, 12:43 PM
That may be a tough one. I can tell you that back then it was the Boys Clubs of America. It was just in 1990 that the national organization officially changed its name to Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

Perhaps this helps a little?

http://www.midpenbgc.org/club_History/foundcampaign.htm

http://www.postalhistorystore.com/servlet/the-14320/Boys-Clubs-of-America/Detail

Uma Duffy
02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Joe ...that is great....now I remember what that looked like! I'm pretty sure we can fudge something from that. How did you ever put your hands on those so quickly? This should really help us get moving on this job.

Thank you!

Joe Pelonio
02-05-2008, 1:40 PM
When I first started in the sign biz the local club had me make a bunch of signs, and change lettering on vans to reflect the new name with girls in it.

Remembering the previous name I just googled it with 1960.

Uma Duffy
02-05-2008, 2:19 PM
You know, I tried googling with all sorts of search terms and came up empty....It helps to have a key bit of info ( like the 1960). I had even searched individual club sites, hoping to find a little historical info....which I did, sans logo!

Frank Corker
02-05-2008, 4:45 PM
Well from what I can see this is almost it. One or the other has been created from the same.

Uma Duffy
02-06-2008, 1:35 PM
Thank you, Frank.... The component pieces of keystone and torch are great to have.... But the font has proved a bit of a challenge. Wish I had a tablet!!

Jack Harper
02-06-2008, 2:42 PM
Here is another image if it helps. It's from ebay.

file:///C:/Users/SEIC/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

Frank Corker
02-06-2008, 3:00 PM
Wow, nice one Jack, I think that will probably be exactly enough to seal the job

Uma Duffy
02-06-2008, 4:46 PM
Jack -
That's a dream come true.... It traced beautifully and we can finally get on with the repro. Thank you so much. Ebay? I would never have thought to try there.

To have so many friends at the ready to lend a hand.... that's why it's so easy to make the annual contribution to Sawmill Creek. Thank you everyone!

Jack Harper
02-06-2008, 5:15 PM
Glad to help. It just came to me, vintage/value/ebay.