PDA

View Full Version : planner set-up

Evan Shea
02-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I am trying to get rid of the snipe that my planner leaves. I would appreciate any tips anyone out there can give me.

It is leaving about six inches of deep snipe on each end of the boards.

how do you know where to set the infeed and out feed rollers(hight)?

the planer is a woodmaster 612 and I dont have the manual. Someone just gave me the planer a few days ago and I would like to get it up and running.

thanks for any help

Ted Jay
02-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I am trying to get rid of the snipe that my planner leaves. I would appreciate any tips anyone out there can give me.

It is leaving about six inches of deep snipe on each end of the boards.

how do you know where to set the infeed and out feed rollers(hight)?

the planer is a woodmaster 612 and I dont have the manual. Someone just gave me the planer a few days ago and I would like to get it up and running.

thanks for any help

in a previous thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=68960&highlight=woodmaster) to pick up a manual

Anthony Whitesell
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
The fix I have used for snipe is to adjust the infeed and outfeed tables. For my Dewalt 22-560 planer, the outside edge of the feed tables are set somewhere between a penny and a nickel thickness higher than the planer bed. Lay a penny on the infeed side of the planer bed and one on the outfeed side and place a straight edge over them. Raise the in and outfeed tables to meet the straight edge and make a test run. Increase to a quarter and then to a nickel if necessary.