PDA

View Full Version : Changing .jpeg to .jpg images

Steve Clardy
03-06-2004, 5:48 PM
Trying to change some pics from jpeg to jpg. I downloaded a program called IrfranView to do this. It shows that it has changed them, even when I check the properties of them. But when I go to post them, the site I'm posting to tells me they are .jpeg and will not accept that extension. ???? What to do??? Steve

Dennis Peacock
03-06-2004, 6:31 PM
Steve,

I don't know what the REAL format of those files are, but I just always just RENAME the .jpeg files to .jpg files and have never experience a problem so far. I have done DOZENS of files this way and no problem.

Give it a try and see how you come out. Other than that, you can send them to me and I will change them around in Adobe PhotoShop and send them back to ya.

Steve Clardy
03-06-2004, 8:07 PM
Steve,

I don't know what the REAL format of those files are, but I just always just RENAME the .jpeg files to .jpg files and have never experience a problem so far. I have done DOZENS of files this way and no problem.

Give it a try and see how you come out. Other than that, you can send them to me and I will change them around in Adobe PhotoShop and send them back to ya.

Thanks Dennis. I don't know whats happening with them. Properties show they have been changed. I'll send them to you in the morning. Thanks, Steve