PDA

View Full Version : Latest Works

Mike Golka
02-05-2008, 1:02 AM
Here are some of my latest musings. I haven't built a photo both yet so the pictures are pretty crappy. The paintings were done by the real talent in the family, my wife. Thanks for looking.

http://members.shaw.ca/m.golka/Turnings2/

Mike

Ben Gastfriend
02-05-2008, 6:45 AM
I really like the segmented nut crusher, as well as the vase. Really nice job.

Steve Schlumpf
02-05-2008, 8:14 AM
Very nice work Mike! Really like the spalted maple bowl - sure looks like box elder with all the red color in it!

You are right about your wife being an artist - beautiful work!

Thanks for posting!

Jim Becker
02-05-2008, 9:14 AM
Mike, nice work!

Please consider uploading some of those pictures to SMC so that they stay with the thread into the future. Remotely hosted images have a strong tendency to "disappear" down the road, rendering the archives less useful for future members.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Bernie Weishapl
02-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Mike great turnings. I must say your wife is a very talented artist. Her work is beautiful.

Mike Golka
02-06-2008, 9:47 AM
Thanks for your comments, and I keep telling LOML that she should be selling her work but she doesn't believe me.

robert hainstock
02-06-2008, 10:06 AM
That is some realy nice, well thought out work. Go to Munising woodenware .com and check out thier catalog, (with your lovely wife at your side) and see just what that kind of work is worth these days. Great paintings. I have known several of the ladies who die the paiting for that company, and they were talented artists in thier own right.:)
Bob