PDA

View Full Version : It's done, It's done--almost My SC Drill Press

Lori Kleinberg
02-04-2008, 3:01 PM
For those following my drill press saga, here is a short summary and update.
Ordered Steel City DP the end of October from Tool King.
Due to being out of stock and poor communication and then great customer service the DP was delivered the end of December.
Was out of town until after the new year, then had to get help to set it up.

Now all I have to do is add the free laser that came with it and build a table for it.
Speaking of a table, Can I and would it be any good to face glue 2 pieces of melamine covered particle board together and what kind of glue should I use. I have some scrap pieces that are just about the right width and then I thought I would surround it with a hard wood frame.

Doug Jones from Oregon
02-04-2008, 4:03 PM
Roo Glue has a melamine glue that works very well.

Doug

Cary Falk
02-04-2008, 4:52 PM
I just belt sand of the melamine and then use wood glue to glue the particle board surfaces. I havn't had any failures yet.

Peter Quadarella
02-04-2008, 5:04 PM
Read the laser instructions carefully and make the line perfectly parallel. It's a pain to set up, but then it will just always be there and you don't have to think about it anymore.

Congrats on the drill press, it's a great machine.

Jim Becker
02-04-2008, 5:25 PM
Congrats, Lori! Looks like a very nice machine.

Don Bullock
02-04-2008, 8:11 PM
Congratulations Lori. As soon as I'm able with cash and space that's the drill press I want. It's a great machine.

Lori Kleinberg
02-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks everyone. I really like the look of this dp. It really brightens :)up my dingy shop. I drilled a couple of test holes in 2x
that went as smooth as butter. Can't wait to use for a real project.
I may change my mind about using the melamine for the table, it is not as wide as I thought :(. May just have to splurge on
some BB.

Rick Gifford
02-05-2008, 2:28 PM
Hey I could use a DrillPress like that. All I have is a benchtop Craftsman.

Can I borrow yours? :D :p