PDA

View Full Version : Looking for back issue of Wood Magazine: 1 Stall Garage Shop

Ben Martin
02-04-2008, 2:57 PM
Can somebody help me figure out which issue of Wood magazine this article was in? It was about a shop that could fit into a 1-stall garage. It had a workebend with cabinets, built in miter saw station and the cabinets had peg board doors with frames. The table saw fit under the workbench and also had an integrated router table. There also was a flip up planer stand shown. This article was the cover story. I had checked it out at my library once and now went back and couldn't find it. I would like to either order the back issue or have my library get it. I thought it had a lot of good ideas and stuff that I could use. Thanks for any help.

Lee Koepke
02-04-2008, 3:18 PM
HA.

I think I found that over the weekend ... I will look for it tonite

Tom Veatch
02-04-2008, 3:24 PM
Can somebody help me figure out which issue of Wood magazine this article was in? It was about a shop that could fit into a 1-stall garage.

I'd suggest going to the Wood Magazine website (http://www.woodmagazine.com), and searching their site and issue index. There are several "Idea" workshops shown, but I'm not sure which of those might be the one that interests you.

Michael Weber
02-04-2008, 6:13 PM
Can somebody help me figure out which issue of Wood magazine this article was in? It was about a shop that could fit into a 1-stall garage. It had a workebend with cabinets, built in miter saw station and the cabinets had peg board doors with frames. The table saw fit under the workbench and also had an integrated router table. There also was a flip up planer stand shown. This article was the cover story. I had checked it out at my library once and now went back and couldn't find it. I would like to either order the back issue or have my library get it. I thought it had a lot of good ideas and stuff that I could use. Thanks for any help.
The October 2003 issue has an article entitled Idea Shop 5 where they creat a one-car-garage shop. However the cabinets don't have peg board doors, but the rest sounds pretty much the same.

Ben Martin
02-04-2008, 7:01 PM
The October 2003 issue has an article entitled Idea Shop 5 where they creat a one-car-garage shop. However the cabinets don't have peg board doors, but the rest sounds pretty much the same.

I saw that one at the library yesterday and it wasn't it. I also just checked there website and looked at the covers and articles from past issues from 2000-current, none of them were the one that I was looking for. Maybe it wasn't WOOD magazine, man, this stinks. It was a really good article...

Ok, now thinking back on it some more, it wasn't about a one stall garage, it was about having a small shop and they said that the size was the equivalent of a one stall garage. Now if I could just remember the magazine and issue...

John Jendro
02-04-2008, 8:39 PM
I'm wondering if your thinking of their basement shop from issue #100. I believe it was from 1997.

Ben Martin
02-04-2008, 8:48 PM
I'm wondering if your thinking of their basement shop from issue #100. I believe it was from 1997.

I just looked at pictures from that one, that wasn't the issue. Thanks for the help.

Grant Davis
02-05-2008, 7:27 PM
Was it Workbench Magazine? The title of the article is Space Saving Home Shop......set up 5 major tool stations in just 50 square feet. The article I am referencing is in the October 2006 addition, volume 62, issue #297.

Lee Koepke
02-05-2008, 8:29 PM
well ben ... i havent found EXACTLY what you are looking for. Winter 2002/2003 #160 Fine Wood Working Tools & Shops issue has small shop setups.

Its the one where his CMS uses Lee Valley red metal drawers ... I kept that handy for the CMS plans.

Let me know if thats it ...

Ben Martin
02-05-2008, 9:22 PM
Was it Workbench Magazine? The title of the article is Space Saving Home Shop......set up 5 major tool stations in just 50 square feet. The article I am referencing is in the October 2006 addition, volume 62, issue #297.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner, thank you!!

Gordon Osborne
02-05-2008, 9:57 PM
Hi Ben

I ran through my back issues of WOOD and found the article you are
looking for in the September 1994 Issue No. 72 on page 42.
The title is "IDEA SHOP 2". The cover shows a woodworker with a leather
apron and the cabinets use peg board doors. On page 43 is a photo of a
guy standing in the garage door with a red pick-up and the shop in the
other side of the garage. The article even covers the choice of heating
the shop.
Gordon Osborne
gl.osborne@verizon.net

Lee Koepke
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner, thank you!!
i dont consider myself a loser in this competition... I found some long forgotten issues I could use now ... Jigs for the Shop ... and one of those wall hung tool cabinets plans.

congrats, and thanks for making me look thru my old issues :cool:

Eddie Ormerod
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I was going to recommend the WOOD "Best Workshops" magazine. I think that's the name. I have wore that magazine out. I still look at it and build some of the tool stands.
Eddie

Ben Martin
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
i dont consider myself a loser in this competition... I found some long forgotten issues I could use now ... Jigs for the Shop ... and one of those wall hung tool cabinets plans.

congrats, and thanks for making me look thru my old issues :cool:

Haha, no problem Lee!!