PDA

View Full Version : Arrow of Light Project -- 5 happy boys

Michael Cody
03-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Here is a pic of my Arrow-of-Light 2nd year weblos scouts.. started with 9 boys, 5 years ago, was up to 12 at one time, 5 finished all the way and are now new Boy Scouts..

I made the shadow boxes they are holding. Cherry boxes with maple ply backs, dyed-yellow curly maple suns, hickory dowel arrows w/real stone arrowheads and plexi fronts to keep the dust out.. they seemed to like them. Folks kept asking me where I bought them, they actually seemed shocked that I made them instead of buying them. My son is the one on the right with the big dumb grin. Sometimes I worry 'bout that boy. (His brother is working on his eagle project for this spring or next fall).... that makes 10 years in cubs for me as a leader and probably another 5-6 in boy scouts until the youngest makes eagle (I hope anyway)...

http://www.mdcody.addr.com/P1010056.JPG

Jim Becker
03-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Congratulations, Mike, on a fine looking group of young men. They are in good hands, especially for that woodworking badge!

John Miliunas
03-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Great accomplishments for ALL concerned! Looks like the whole lot of you are going in the right direction. Congrats to you and your boys! :cool:

Todd Burch
03-06-2004, 7:18 AM
Congrats Michael! My son earned his Arrow of Light, but lost interest for boy scouts. Anyway - he made it a lot farther than I did! Once an Eagle Scout, ALWAYS an Eagle Scout.

Dan McGuire
03-06-2004, 8:43 AM
Looks good Mike..That is something those boys can hang on to for a long time as keepsake. Good work. My father still has a cutting board that was made while he was in the cub scouts and I still have a camp stool that I made as a boy scout.

Dan

Roger Fitzsimonds
03-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Congratulations Michael,

I took a group of boys through tiger cubs to eagle scouts. I admire you dedication and support. It is a great program. Real nice wood working also.

Roger

Mark Angle
03-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Congratulations Michael,

I took a group of boys through tiger cubs to eagle scouts. I admire you dedication and support. It is a great program. Real nice wood working also.

Roger

Roger,

Just how much patience do you have? I know what we put our scout master through. But he hung with us all the way. Was good to have one of those WW II Army guys as Scout Master. When it came to drills and marching in parades we were the best, and when at attention it WAS eyes forward 100% of the time. I consider myself VERY lucky to have gotten my Eagle under such a good scout master.

Mark