PDA

View Full Version : Help!

John Fricke
02-03-2008, 10:43 PM
The vortex is sucking me in. I went to my first club meeting today. See need for bigger and better cutting tools, bigger lathe, vacuum chuck, hollowing system, fluting tools. Will the spending never end?

Ken Fitzgerald
02-03-2008, 10:52 PM
The vortex is sucking me in. I went to my first club meeting today. See need for bigger and better cutting tools, bigger lathe, vacuum chuck, hollowing system, fluting tools. Will the spending never end?

Simple answer: NOPE!

Take your money out of your billfold and take a photograph. Have it blown up to an 8"x10" and frame it. Mount the photo on the wall above your lathe so you can be reminded what money looked like!:rolleyes:

And welcome to the Vortex!

Pat Doble
02-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Nope, never ends. Just got a 3520b and vacuum chuck is done - now I want a coring system and the Monster articulated hollowing system - and I imagine when I have them, I'll want an endless supply of large blanks full of curl and burl.

Steve Schlumpf
02-03-2008, 11:40 PM
John - there is always something out there... bigger, better, laser equipped... just have fun turning cause it's only money! Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Doug Thompson
02-04-2008, 3:06 AM
John, the only way to save money is to buy big right from the start because your going to buy it one day down the road. The good thing is the spending goes in cycles... spend a bunch now then wait while you save more money then buy some more. :eek::eek::eek:

Have fun, be safe and we need pictures!

Jim Becker
02-04-2008, 9:26 AM
Will the spending never end?

It's not "spending"...it's "investment"... LOL :D :D :D (And no, it never ends... ;) )

robert hainstock
02-04-2008, 9:54 AM
it is better than nites in the bar, or out with the boys,(exception, slub meets) or a lot of other things you could do with your time. :eek::eek::eek:
Bob

Brian McInturff
02-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I'd have to agree with Doug. Buy BIG, and best, when can. I keep telling the wife if I buy it now I won't have to spend the retirement money when it's time to retire. I've got her halfway believing it too:D.