PDA

View Full Version : Apollo 7500T HVLP Gun

Mike Mortenson
02-03-2008, 5:40 PM
Who here has this gun and whats your opinion of it? Also was wondering about there 4 stage turbine? Thanks

Dustin Thompson
02-03-2008, 7:09 PM
Shameless plug here, not that I will benefit.

Jeff Jewitt sells the accusprays through his homestead finishing website.

I have the 240k and love it. I have shot water and oil based paint, and a ton of waterbased lacquer through it, and it beats the pants off my buddy's capspray rig.

What's the price on that setup?

Dustin

Randy Denby
02-03-2008, 7:32 PM
I have the Apollo 7500 conversion gun. It is a great gun ! I love the dial on the aircap for fan width. I bought the gravity feed cup and different aircaps and needles in kit form. Would do it again as it really puts down a smooth finish

Mike Mortenson
02-03-2008, 9:20 PM
The 4 stage and the gun is $1,000.00

Dustin Thompson
02-04-2008, 9:54 PM
I think the accuspray goes for 11-1200 for the four stage. It's a great product. I used to think the gun was kind of cheesy, but the plastic outer portion seems to dispel the heat produced by the turbine better than the all metal guns.

I don't think there are really any total duds out there. With realistic expectations, I guess you'll probably be happy with any of the better known 4 stage units.

Good luck,

Dustin

Byron Trantham
02-05-2008, 3:03 PM
I own the Apollo system but I think that either will do the job nicely. As far as how many stages are concerned, I bought the 4 stage unit and I think the 3 stage would have worked just as well for my needs. This puppy (4 stage) will atomize quickkreet!:) If I had it to do over, I might have bought the 3 stage unit. Good luck.