PDA

View Full Version : The Kansas City 2008 Woodworking Show-friends, and reflections

Al Navas
02-03-2008, 4:35 PM
If it is OK with our Moderators and Management, I invite you to visit my blog (http://sandal-woodsblog.com/2008/02/03/the-2008-kc-woodworking-show-friends-reflections/) to view the video I made while at the 2008 Kansas City Woodworking Show. This is a rare opportunity we have to meet some members of Saw Mill Creek and WoodNet in video format.

A bunch of WoodNet and SMC members attended a breakfast ahead of the Show's opening time. You get a chance to meet all of them, as they reveal themselves and their affiliation. We had a great gathering!

My thanks to Steve Roxberg for the tour of his shop, currently being reconfigured. What a nice shop, and brand-new cyclone system!

Then it was off to the show. I share with you some of the sights and sounds, and my thoughts about the Woodworking Shows.

Thanks for looking, and may YOUR favorite team win the Super Bowl!

Al Navas
02-04-2008, 4:53 AM
A gentle bump, for SMC members who attended the gathering and missed the video. Thanks!

Steve Clardy
02-04-2008, 9:09 AM
Maybe the breakfast killed them all off Al. :eek:;):D

James Hendrix
02-05-2008, 7:52 AM
I went on Friday. Was very suprised how crowed it was for a Friday. It was my 8th year attending and was enjoyable. Walked away with a Triton 3 1/4 hp router and a 5 piece Freud router bit set.

Al Navas
02-06-2008, 6:43 AM
Maybe the breakfast killed them all off Al. :eek:;):D
Hmmm... Hope everyone is OK, Steve. I have felt fine, no symptoms...:D

I went on Friday. Was very surprised how crowed it was for a Friday. It was my 8th year attending and was enjoyable. Walked away with a Triton 3 1/4 hp router and a 5 piece Freud router bit set.
James,

I noticed the same thing: Better attendance than last year on Friday, and terrific on Saturday, to the point of crowding.

Enjoy your new toys! I have also been eying that Triton toy. :cool:

Randal Stevenson
02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Hmmm... Hope everyone is OK, Steve. I have felt fine, no symptoms...:D

James,

I noticed the same thing: Better attendance than last year on Friday, and terrific on Saturday, to the point of crowding.

Enjoy your new toys! I have also been eying that Triton toy. :cool:

Last year I was there on Saturday, and there was probably 8 1/2 people in a 3 foot area.
This year there seemed to be a little more breathing room, but the show was better.

Dean Thomas
02-13-2008, 6:49 PM
And all you guys were there and did not find me at the Craft Supply booth??? I was the "pen mentor" for the KC show!!! WAH that we missed a creeker reunion opportunity.

St Joe, KC, and Independence are not that far apart. Maybe we should find something in the middle and do a creeker coffee break or something. :)

Steve Clardy
02-13-2008, 8:02 PM
And all you guys were there and did not find me at the Craft Supply booth??? I was the "pen mentor" for the KC show!!! WAH that we missed a creeker reunion opportunity.

St Joe, KC, and Independence are not that far apart. Maybe we should find something in the middle and do a creeker coffee break or something. :)

Well Dean, you shoulda throwed something at us to get out attention :eek::D

If you hadn't of missed breakfast, you would have met all of us ugly folks. ;)