PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Cleveland with the equipment I need?

Tim Wagner
02-03-2008, 3:20 PM
Live near Cleveland, Oh and I will soon need to make some drawer fronts with some decent wood, (thinking curly maple). Anyway as you all know it comes rough cut nearest I can tell and will need use of a jointer and plainer to mill the stock. Anyone near me that can help me out with it when the time comes? just wanted to get my ducks in a row before I buy It.

TIA.

brad kellner
02-03-2008, 3:25 PM
im about an hour south of cleveland (pa/ohio border by youngstown) and i have a planer and jointer u could use for free if it is worth the drive for you. you could also try to lumber mill u are going to buy the curly maple from and i bet they would mill it for you also for a few bucks more. either way i have the tools if u cant find anyone closer

Tim Wagner
02-03-2008, 8:53 PM
Thanks brad, I will PM you prior to coming if need be. Besides, if I do I will need to know what kind of beer you like. I have some Great lakes Christmas Ale. I will have to visit one of the other mom and pop mills around here. So far I have only seen what Rockler and Woodcraft had to offer, and the won't mill anything for ya. If I come see you I might aswell make the whole drawer out of maple for durability.

matt pickston
02-03-2008, 9:07 PM
Tim
I am in Sagamore, bu tdo not have thetools you need. Wish i did. However, there is a new place in Stow which lets you use teir shop If your interested, here the website.

http://awoodworkersplace.com/