PDA

View Full Version : Shop is locked up and the van is packed

Wolf Kiessling
03-05-2004, 6:09 PM
Early tomorrow morning we will be heading for Grapevine (Dallas/Fort Worth area) for the 2004 Rhapsody in Wood Show. The show judge is Tom Nelson, who judged a show I was in about three years ago, and he did not particularly like my work. So, I have no high expectations. Besides that, this is the toughest show that I attend every year. The competition is absolutely fierce. I do hope we some decent sales especially since we signed up to go on an Eastern Caribbean cruise later this year. :D That actually has nothing to do with anything because any money I make on sales at these shows goes to the purchase of new tools. Currently, I am lusting after a Stubby or Oneway 2436. I can tell ya, I've been lusting for a while.

In any event, wish me luck and, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be back Monday.

Jim Becker
03-05-2004, 6:15 PM
'Wishing you good luck at the show, Wolf. No matter what that judge determines in the context of the event, your work is extraordinary. Keep a smile on your face about it!

And lusting after tools isn't a horrble thing, especially when the new one is in your shop! (And a nice Stubby would certainly be great in yours...hee hee. But I'm a little biased.) :D

Chris Johnson
03-05-2004, 6:45 PM
Good luck at the show Wolf, and maybe you will be in luck and Tom's taste will have improved! :D

Early tomorrow morning we will be heading for Grapevine (Dallas/Fort Worth area) for the 2004 Rhapsody in Wood Show. The show judge is Tom Nelson, who judged a show I was in about three years ago, and he did not particularly like my work. So, I have no high expectations. Besides that, this is the toughest show that I attend every year. The competition is absolutely fierce. I do hope we some decent sales especially since we signed up to go on an Eastern Caribbean cruise later this year. :D That actually has nothing to do with anything because any money I make on sales at these shows goes to the purchase of new tools. Currently, I am lusting after a Stubby or Oneway 2436. I can tell ya, I've been lusting for a while.

In any event, wish me luck and, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be back Monday.

Steve Jenkins
03-05-2004, 7:14 PM
Good luck at the show Wolf. If you want to get away for a bit give me a call and stop by. I expect to be working most of the weekend.972 247-9086. Steve

Tyler Howell
03-05-2004, 8:47 PM
Just take my Cowboy buddy along Wolf! 1st place for sure. He's a good luck kinda Guy!

Mark Singer
03-05-2004, 9:37 PM
Wolf,
We are all with you and wish you the best of luck. If it is based on talent and skill , there is no question in my mind you will prevail! Go get em'