PDA

View Full Version : Question on Delta 12 inch planer

Bill Swanson
02-02-2008, 7:02 PM
I was able to come across a Delta 22-540 12 inch Bench Top Planer for basically free $25. I had to tear it apart to fix one of the sides of the main casting.

I got it fixed and cleaned up. I did not get the knife setting gauge so do not know where to set the blade in relationship to the feed rollers. I have set them even and does work, does not feed great. Anybody know how far below the feed rollers the knifes should be? In relationship to the table I guess the knives would be above the rollers.

I also in my haste in cleaning pulled the feed rollers for a thorough cleaning. When I flipped the machine over the springs fell out and to my surprise they were different lengths. Does anybody know if the long spring goes on the in feed or the out feed?

Thanks in advance

CPeter James
02-02-2008, 7:18 PM
I may have one of those jigs out in the shop. I will check tomorrow. If I do, it's yours for the postage. If not, you can buy a set of Planer Pals for about $30. They work good and make putting the knives in a cinch.

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/11093

CPeter

CPeter James
02-02-2008, 7:32 PM
I have the jig. If you want it, send me a PM and we can work it out.

CPeter

Jim Davenport
02-03-2008, 1:52 AM
Bill,
You can go to the "Delta site", and download the manual in PDF format.
I have the same planer, it has given me great service for a lot of years. I use planer pals to change blades. My local HD still carries them