PDA

View Full Version : Tips For New SMC Users

Ken Salisbury
03-06-2003, 6:00 AM
If you need some tips on how to navigate the Saw Mill, here is a link that may help you:

Updated this morning with more tips.
<p align="center">
Saw Mill User Tips (http://www.klsal.com/creek.htm)

Stan Smith
03-06-2003, 4:35 PM
Hey Ken!

Thanks for all of those tips. I bookmarked the page as you suggested. I enjoy seeing pics of everybody, but don't know how to post one myself. Any suggestions of where to look? Thanks again, Ken.

Stan

Ken Salisbury
03-06-2003, 4:43 PM
Originally posted by Stan Smith
Hey Ken!

Thanks for all of those tips. I bookmarked the page as you suggested. I enjoy seeing pics of everybody, but don't know how to post one myself. Any suggestions of where to look? Thanks again, Ken.

Stan

This is item # 4 on Tips Page 1 tells how to do that.

4. When using the "Attach File" feature to insert a picture from your computer, preview your text message first and then browse your computer and enter the desired picture. Do Not use "preview" after entering the picture information or it will delete that info and will not include the picture in your post. Under the present configuration you are limited to 1 picture/post only. I think they are working on making a multiple picture option.

If you have more questions either post here or e-mail at ken@klsal.com

Stan Smith
03-06-2003, 4:48 PM
Thanks again, Ken. I had read what you had said about posting a pic, but I'm talking about what they refer to as an avatar that always shows with the posts you make. They describe what it is but don't tell you how to do it. I'm sure that the file size would have to pretty small, right?

Ken Salisbury
03-06-2003, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by Stan Smith
Thanks again, Ken. I had read what you had said about posting a pic, but I'm talking about what they refer to as an avatar that always shows with the posts you make. They describe what it is but don't tell you how to do it. I'm sure that the file size would have to pretty small, right?

Yes Avatar has to be 50 pixels x 50 pixels or smalller. If you can't do that e mail me a picture and I will make one for you -- no problem. Email me at ken@klsal.com

Bobby Hatfield
03-06-2003, 7:46 PM
Thanks Ken ! I tried readin it twice. For Old Geezers like me it takes more than once to get it. I still won't remember it when I need it.

Stan Smith
03-06-2003, 7:56 PM
Hey Ken many thanks and kudos for your valued assistance to us. I got the pic on there with no problemos. It's a little smaller than I wanted but I set one measurement for 50 pixels so that was it.

Stan