PDA

View Full Version : Using Grizzly Router Table Extension

Edward Garrett
02-02-2008, 8:44 AM
I have the Grizzly 1023 TS with Router table extension....I had planned to use the router table extension as a complement to my stand-alone router table (for style & rail work for example) ....without mitre slots on the router-table extension on the TS I have found this tricky, and I am anxious about the safety aspect.

Any reccommendations on how to "surface mount" something to serve as a mitre-slot or hold-down?

John Keeton
02-02-2008, 9:10 AM
Edward

Just got my new 1023slw set up last week and will be interested in the replies you get. I had the same idea to use mine as a compliment to my Veritas router table. I had previously constructed a 90 degree "miter gauge" for lack of a better term to use on the Veritas. It works very well and gives me a safe setup, but one does have to constantly apply pressure to keep it firm against the fence to get a good cut. I had anticipated using a similar setup with the 1023, but haven't gotten that far yet. Have thought about maybe integrating an inverted "u" to straddle the fence on the table saw.

As a side note, I was very pleased with the saw. After many years, I have sold all of my stationary tools and am in the process of replacing them - its like Christmas every other week! Waiting on the new G0513X2 bandsaw to arrive Monday! Next the planer, then the jointer! Fortunately, I have spousal blessing on this, but am pretty sure there will be a yet unstated price to pay in the future!!