PDA

View Full Version : Need a Mentor

mike thomas01
02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Hello All,
I'm very new to SMC and pretty new to woodworking. I've discovered that REALLY enjoy woodworking and have actually made less firewood on my last 2 projects than I usually do:D.
I was wondering if there are SMC'rs around the Plattsburgh, NY area that would be willing to provide a lesson or advice once in a while in exchange for friendship and a cup of coffee or some of Ms Becky's "lumpia" (Philipino eggroll)
Thanks,
Mike

Michael Gibbons
02-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Hey Mike, Welcome to the 'Creek. Can't be much of a mentor for you. Too far. Maybe somebody close will chime in. You'll get support here regardless.

gary Zimmel
02-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Mike

Welcome to the Creek. As Michael said you will find a ton of information here. If you need help just post the question and all the experts here will help you through any problem you have with a project.

Happy woodworking...

Lee Koepke
02-02-2008, 7:41 AM
Hey Mike. Welcome.

I know what you mean about having someone to "help" get you started. Sometimes seeing is learning.

I have found a couple of woodworking classes in my area that I am going to attend. Some at Highland Woodworking, some at WoodCraft, some at a "Fine Arts Institute"

http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Crafts/Woodcraft/Woodworking/Schools_and_Instruction/

that link there lists some woodworking schools and their relative locations, maybe there is one close by that can help.

Good luck.