PDA

View Full Version : I now have my Wynn filter, but what about these bags?

Glen Blanchard
02-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I received my Wynn filter this afternoon, and it is installed (had to make a donut - no big deal). I am a bit disappointed with the clear plastic bags though. Mine are significantly wider than the diameter of my JET DC1100 - and there is no means of support for the bag. I used some masking tape and taped the darned thing to the DC. Is this what everyone is doing? Depending on how often the bag fills up (I am using a trash can separator and made a baffle for it, which I hope will keep the bag from filling too quickly, but I digress) I might opt for buying JET bags which are designed to fit.

I'd like to hear how others are dealing with the Wynn bag.

Thanks.

Jason Beam
02-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I can't say how I handled the wynn bag because I just replaced it with the Jet bags. BUT, my DC1100 had a ring that was too big for the bags to begin with - i didn't need a donut.

I can tell you what I did with the Jet bags, which may help you with your problem using the Wynn bags on your system. I had my tool guy order me the hoop that is used to hold the Jet bags in place on the canister version of my DC. It's a nice springy thing, wrapped in the fabric I suspect they use for their bags. I certainly could have just cut the hoop out of my original bag, but I was chicken because I never like to mod any tool beyond reversal - i don't know why - it's a sickness.

Anyway - that fabric colored hoop snaps the bag right up inside the ring and is the BEST bag hanger i've found so far. It fully supports the weight of a completely full bag of sawdust in that little ring with that teeny lip all the way around. The bag stays put until I move it.

That's how i did it. Maybe it'll help you find a way with your system :)

Don Abele
02-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Glen, I took the clamp used to attach the UPPER bag and use that to hold the Wynn bags onto the outside of the bottom. It works perfect.

Hope this helps.

Be well,

Doc