PDA

View Full Version : Loose Knife Gloat

Mark Bachler
03-05-2004, 10:35 AM
The company I work for is cleaning house of old unused tools & materials. I just picked up at least 80 loose shaper knives & the locking head w/ bearings for $50. All sorts of radius, cove & bead, raised panel, etc. etc........ It's snowing out here, must be Christmas. 8o)

John Miliunas
03-05-2004, 10:45 AM
The company I work for is cleaning house of old unused tools & materials. I just picked up at least 80 loose shaper knives & the locking head w/ bearings for $50. All sorts of radius, cove & bead, raised panel, etc. etc........ It's snowing out here, must be Christmas. 8o)

Holy smokers! That's a gloat and a half! Nice score, Mark! :cool:

Mark Bachler
03-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Nobody had a shaper with an 1 1/4" spindle so nobody bid on them but me. I counted them there are 87 sets, all high speed steel. Gotta be real careful spinning those big ol' chunks of metal though.

John Miliunas
03-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Nobody had a shaper with an 1 1/4" spindle so nobody bid on them but me. I counted them there are 87 sets, all high speed steel. Gotta be real careful spinning those big ol' chunks of metal though.

You're a luck man! Heck, that price for that many would've about made it worth someone's while to BUY a shaper for them! Have phun! :cool:

Tyler Howell
03-05-2004, 4:27 PM
Will that new Iron spin that big a cutting head???
You know the rules. Pictures!

Mark Bachler
03-06-2004, 8:58 AM
Will that new Iron spin that big a cutting head???
You know the rules. Pictures!

No Problem. Hooking them up TODAY!!! Web site is just around the corner. 8o)