PDA

View Full Version : AAW Annual Symposium in Richmond

Hilel Salomon
02-01-2008, 5:39 PM
Just curious. How many of you plan on going to this show/meeting? I went to Louisville and loved it. There were hundreds/perhaps thousands of fantastic bowls on exhibit/sale , myriads of vendors and too many demos. Anyway, Richmond is about 70/90 minutes (depends on how fast I drive) away from my place in VA, and unless I'm very sick, I plan on going. I would be delighted to meet up in person with creekers there.
Hilel.

George Morris
02-01-2008, 5:47 PM
I will be there ,planing on staying 4 days. Getting to meet others in the creek would be a good idea! Anyone from Richmond to organize it? should we do a lunch? I am intrested. George ..

Ted Calver
02-01-2008, 6:42 PM
Me too..unless pressing work gets in the way.

charlie knighton
02-01-2008, 6:45 PM
i am planning to attend

Dale Bright
02-01-2008, 7:23 PM
I will be there as well. I am only 1.5 - 2 hours from Richmond and I have family and friends there to stay with. This will be my first big turning event and I am really looking forward to it.

Doug Thompson
02-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Me too. Book the hotel now, don't wait.

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2008, 10:42 PM
We are going to try and get down there when we visit the kids in Richmond.

Gordon Seto
02-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I will go with my wife. She loves the instant gallery.

Bill Noce
02-01-2008, 11:37 PM
I will be there also.....cannot wait ..............

Jim Becker
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I would like to go, but it is unlikely I'll be able to make it again due to business travel and other factors. The symposiums are wonderful...lot's to learn and see. And so many great folks to meet, either for the first time or "again".

Brian McInturff
02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm going to try and get up there. Maybe the wife can schedule an appointment with her wrist doctor and I can get the insurance company to pay for the trip. The doctor is the only one in the US who could do her surgery. If she doesn't need to see him then I'm still going to try and make it. Next years is a lot closer though:)

Hilel Salomon
02-02-2008, 2:39 PM
I just got back from our Palmetto Woodturners' club meeting which had Nick Cook as the demonstrator. He is a founding member of the AAW and was talking about the Richmond meeting. Seems it will be held at the Civic Center, next to a Hotel Marriott. He told us that it was already booked up for the symposium, so if you're going to be needing reservations, it would be good to make them as soon as possible.
Hope to see many of you there.
Regards, Hilel.

Jake Helmboldt
02-02-2008, 5:39 PM
For anyone that wants logistics on lodging, etc in Richmond, just ask. As Hilel mentioned it is apparently at the new Civic Center (very nice facility) and the Marriott is right next door. There are plenty of other hotels in downtown; it would just necessitate a walk or short trip on transit.

Parking at the civic center is pricey. I can also point you to dining options and there are lots of great places to eat in downtown. Richmond ain't the most exciting place on earth, but we do have some good food.

Jake

jim tracy
02-02-2008, 7:57 PM
I have the room already booked! Can't wait, as it will be my first time also.

Fred Floyd
02-03-2008, 3:45 AM
The Portland Symposium last summer was my first. It was well worth it. However, this year it's a L-O-N-G hike from Seattle, so I will not be in attendance.

Anyone who has the time and lives close should go ... It is well worth it

Bill Blasic
02-03-2008, 9:30 AM
Booked, Paid and Ready to go!

Jackie Outten
02-06-2008, 7:56 PM
As the time draws closer, let Keith and I know when you plan to get together. We live about an hour and a half from Richmond. We would love to meet any of you that are going to the symposium.

Thanks.

Jackie