PDA

View Full Version : "New" basement work space...

John Grabowski
02-01-2008, 3:14 PM
Well...It is ready for some use tonight...I have taken advise from several of the turners in this forum and I have cleared out a work closet in the basement, acquired a midi Rikon and I am almost ready to start making some magic...I want to get something turned from this setup to take to a club meeting tomorrow.

I will post some pictures of some pens tonight as long as a trip to work doesn't take too long. Thanks to all who helped with information on setting up shop in the house. I really appreciate it.

Happy Turning,

John Grabowski

Jeff Bower
02-01-2008, 3:21 PM
Congrats and make sure you post some pics of your turnings.

robert hainstock
02-01-2008, 3:25 PM
Sorry, always wanted to send one. Anxiously awating your upcoming posts. Basemant shops are great except for the climb. enjoy yours as I enjpy mine. :):)
Bob

Paul Engle
02-01-2008, 4:17 PM
Aw right John, looks good!! congrats !!!!:D

Ben Gastfriend
02-01-2008, 4:19 PM
Yay! Another basement shop! I find mine very productive. Let's see some turnings!

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2008, 4:57 PM
Congrats John. Looks like a great shop with a good looking lathe.

John Grabowski
02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
I have to say that I am very pleased at how well the lathe runs and the convenience of working in the basement and it really is cozy for being a small space.

Here are some photos, any comments are welcomed. Sorry for the picture quality, its getting late and I didnt want to take the time to set up the photo tent : *(

I guess I should tell you about the pens...From L to R - Classic American Fountain Pen in Cocobolo, Same in Bolivian Rosewood, Slimline in Unknown Wood (blank was a gift.) Next, also slimline in unknown wood(thought it was zebrawood when I bought it), and last Slimline in Zebrawood. IF anyone could identify the others, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Again,

John G