PDA

View Full Version : CMT Biscuit Joiner

James Williams 007
01-31-2008, 8:29 PM
Anyone used this tool. I found it locally for 25 dollars and it looks much better than the frueds and dewalts but not quit as good as the porter cable but for 25 bucks it might be worth it?!

Rich Engelhardt
02-01-2008, 7:14 AM
Hello,
All brands aside, I have a PC.
I paid ~ $189.00 for it.
I honestly don't believe in the three years I've owned it I've gotten $25.00 worth of use out of it.
$25.00 does sound like it would be worth a try tough.

Charles McCracken
02-01-2008, 7:42 AM
Anyone used this tool. I found it locally for 25 dollars and it looks much better than the frueds and dewalts but not quit as good as the porter cable but for 25 bucks it might be worth it?!

James,

In case you are not aware, that tool is not from the same CMT that makes router bits. I think they sell for $50-$60 new.

Wayne Cannon
02-02-2008, 3:08 AM
The Porter-Cable has about the most flexible and useful fence I've found. I've found flexibility and range of fence adjustment to be the most important criteria. For example, can you set the fence for either inside or outside of a 45-degree bevel, can you adjust the fence to center in something thinner than 3/4" (e.g., 5/8")? Can you use the smaller FF biscuits (with a smaller blade), e.g., for face frames? Do you care?