PDA

View Full Version : Something new to sell

Mark Winlund
01-31-2008, 10:51 AM
I thought I'd contribute a potential product to the group.. personalized toothpicks. Think of the status you will obtain when you casually display your very own personalized toothpick. Make big money! Retire early!

Mark

Mike Null
01-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Great idea. That way when you loan it to somebody they'll know who to return it to.

Brian Robison
01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
:eek:
Umm, you can keep it.

Kim Vellore
01-31-2008, 12:22 PM
That's a cool retirement plan Mark, I always loose my toothpick when I lend them at parties. I'll be the first to get one when it hits the shelves at Target or Costco.... Hope you got my name covered.
Kim

Haahahah

Gregg Vaughn
01-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Where will you put the required FDA warning, "NOT FOR ORAL USE. THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY FOR PROMOTIONAL USE BY PERSONS OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE."

John Lewandowski
01-31-2008, 1:39 PM
I see something on the other side. Does it say "Made in China"?

Kim Vellore
01-31-2008, 1:57 PM
It says Call Dr.***** for all your dental needs...
or It is about time to get your teeth cleaned

Mark Winlund
01-31-2008, 5:29 PM
I see something on the other side. Does it say "Made in China"?

Actually, it's our salesman's last name. This was a laser engraved item, done with Universal's rotary attachment. Getting the system to engrave it was a bit tricky, since the system will only accept a 0.11" diameter minimum, and the toothpick is only 0.050" in diameter.

Mark

Larry Bratton
01-31-2008, 8:04 PM
Actually, it's our salesman's last name. This was a laser engraved item, done with Universal's rotary attachment. Getting the system to engrave it was a bit tricky, since the system will only accept a 0.11" diameter minimum, and the toothpick is only 0.050" in diameter.

Mark
I suggest making a pick jig. Er, how much would one charge for these little jewels? :)

Mark Winlund
01-31-2008, 8:21 PM
Oh... at least $5 each... inflation, ya know....

Mark

Keith Outten
01-31-2008, 9:21 PM
Great idea. That way when you loan it to somebody they'll know who to return it to.

LOL :)

This is definitely a niche market :)

Bill Cunningham
01-31-2008, 9:49 PM
Wow!!! now 'thats' a sales item who's time has come......and gone:D Oooo I'm just being picky... However! the next time I offer to buy someone a "pine float" I could avoid looking cheap by personalizing it :D:D

Mike Null
02-01-2008, 4:43 AM
Bill
You must be as old as me if you remember pine floats.

Larry Bratton
02-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh... at least $5 each... inflation, ya know....

Mark
I like the math. How many are in a box anyhow? Must be a hundred or more..box is what? a dollar. Heck of a ROI there, $500 bucks for a dollar investment and some laser time..all I need is a bunch of customers now and I can retire. Thanks for idea Mark! :)

AL Ursich
02-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I still think the guy Laser Engraving his Thumb is on to something...... Everyone sent to Jail should have a ID Number Lasered to his thumb, would take a while to grow out and give a positive ID...... How about a Bar Code on the thumb for Patience of Hospitals for getting the correct medication..... Snicker.....

AL

Bill Cunningham
02-02-2008, 8:29 PM
Bill
You must be as old as me if you remember pine floats.

There were many times as a teenager (in the 60's hint )that was all I could afford. But, you still wanted to sit with all your friends in the local hangout..:o