PDA

View Full Version : Finding sales on Amazon??

Dave Norris
01-30-2008, 9:27 PM
Hi,
I keep reading about folks getting things during "6 hour sales" etc. on Amazon. Is there a way to track if something goes on sale? I've looked there a lot and never seen a sale.

Thanks!

Jim O'Dell
01-30-2008, 9:44 PM
For the real quick sales at Amazon, I understand that you just have to watch all the time. Usually more than I have time to do, especially during the day when I'm at work. Something that helps a little for tracking pricing on items that are on reduced price for a longer period of time is the frozen warrior site. But there are some rumors that it won't be up much longer due to financial costs.
Other than that, watch the forums, like here at SMC. Bargains are usually posted in this section. Another forum that I find helps some is the BT3 forum's bargain alert area. That's how I found out about the Hitachi SCMS I got last weekend at Lowes for 210.00. I've generally found if there is a good bargain out there for woodworking tools and accessories, we woodworkers are going to talk about it and spread the news. Just seems they've not come along as often in the last year or so as the did before that. Maybe it's just that I've had less money to buy with, and a narrower list of Items I'm looking for! :D Happy hunting! Jim.

John Michaels
01-30-2008, 11:16 PM
i came across a website once that tracks items and sends you an email when the price changes. I want to say it was for Amazon, but I'm not sure what the address for that site is?

David G Baker
01-30-2008, 11:53 PM
www.frozenwarrior.com/~pricewatch/ (http://www.frozenwarrior.com/~pricewatch/)
The site was down for a while but is back up and running again.

John Karam
01-31-2008, 12:16 AM
If you leave items in your "shopping cart" you are informed whenever you visit it of what items prices that have changed since you placed it in the cart.

Its not emailed to you or anything but i find it useful.

Larry Nall
01-31-2008, 1:02 AM
As John said, save the items you are interested in to the shopping card.
Then click the 'save for later' button, just so you don't accidently buy something. Check you cart as often as you can.
Any item with a proce change (up or down) is hilited at the top.
Takes only a few seconds.