PDA

View Full Version : new yankee router table

joe zarnitz
01-30-2008, 4:17 PM
how is the dust port on the back of the fence made---tks,joe

Norman Pyles
01-30-2008, 5:26 PM
If you are talking about the part the hose is hooked to. I think Norm bought a port, I got mine from Rockler.

Tim Quigley
01-30-2008, 6:53 PM
Here's the link from Rockler for the part as specified in the NYW plan.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10274&filter=35317

Tim

Thom Sturgill
01-30-2008, 7:40 PM
On his re-make, Norm mounted a piece of PVC using urethane glue for the box at the bottom. I don't remember what he used at the fence, but he made the cavity with mdf. Just saw that show a few weeks ago on DIY.

Lee Koepke
01-30-2008, 8:19 PM
On his re-make, Norm mounted a piece of PVC using urethane glue for the box at the bottom. I don't remember what he used at the fence, but he made the cavity with mdf. Just saw that show a few weeks ago on DIY.
i kept trying to remember myself, i think i saved it on the DVR, but havent looked yet.

I dont recall what he did, I think he 'skipped' over that part

Justin McCurdy
01-31-2008, 8:25 AM
Instead of messing the the PVA glue and PVC, I opted to use a 4" hole saw to cut out the opening, and then mounted a 4" port that I picked up at the local power tool store simply by screwing it onto the back of the unit.

As for the DC fitting for the fence. I bought the one from Rockler.

On another DC note for the project: I found that I was able to get great dust collection by hooking the DC up to the 4" port on the back and using a shop vac for the fence connection instead of linking the two together. Put it this way, after cutting a bunch of mdf and regular wood on the table, I have almost no visible dust inside the cabinet.

NICK BARBOZA
01-31-2008, 9:15 AM
I have that one on the my DVR. I will have to check it. that is a nice station, i wish i had time/space for it....