PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day - Good Day

Michael Armstrong
01-30-2008, 8:22 AM
The winter weather is so bad today with a wind warning, a flash freeze warning and a blowing snow warning that all the highways around are closed and I have to (okay get to) stay home from school today. Now I get to experiment with my new mini monster hollowing system that arrived this week. The LOML took a photo last night but it really doesn't show well so I'll get another taken today. I've come to learn that no photo means it didn't happen.

What a great tool! I chucked up a really crummy piece of walnut just to try it out and it worked like a charm. I still have a lot of learning to do but I'm sure I'll catch on soon.

Michael (in snowy, blowy Ontario)

robert hainstock
01-30-2008, 9:41 AM
You are going to love that tool(S). You will be spending a lot more time,(prediction) in the shop. And remember, WE WANT PIX. :)
From Marquette, Mi. We caught the back edge of that litle blow. things to do today; Snow blower, sno blower, sno blower.:eek:
Bob

Steve Schlumpf
01-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Michael - that's quite the tool you have there! Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Has warmed up to 0* - so figure its time to go snowblow! Stay Warm!

Michael Armstrong
01-30-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm still trying to sort out school business from home so haven't made it into the shop. If I blow snow right now it might make it all the way to you guys. That's how strong the winds are gusting. Even the dog took care of morning business really quickly and headed for the door!

Michael

Michael Armstrong
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
The first photo has nothing to do with the tool but what do you think - is it time to bring in the hummingbird feeders?

The second photo shows the mini-beast and the practice piece. I'm heading for the shop this afternoon and since curling has been cancelled I even get to spend this evening in there!

Bernie Weishapl
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Congrats on the new tool. I just ordered one Monday for my Nova DVR. All the accessories for my captured unit will fit it so only have the buy the basic unit. Let us know how it goes.

Barry Elder
01-30-2008, 1:35 PM
I feel for you having to put up with the cold. But you're better off than the people in Louisiana who insist on living in a city that is 9 feet below sea level and complain that it's the goverments fault when their houses flood! Keep turning and learning!!

Mike Golka
01-30-2008, 3:21 PM
I'll second the fact that we're better off than a lot of folks. It was -42C at my house yesterday morning and the wind was a blow'n,:(:eek: a balmy -28C here now. On the up side it doesn't usually last that long and we don't get earth quakes, hurricanes or flash floods:D, just the odd tornado.

Steve Kubien
01-30-2008, 5:12 PM
Mike, I often wonder how I would deal with an Alberta (well, prairie's in general) winter. My guess is, not very well. I think I will stick to southern Ontario (20 minutes east of Toronto) where the only annoying thing about this time of the year is listening to Leafs fans.

Stay warm.

Steve Kubien
Ajax, Ontario

Ben Gastfriend
01-30-2008, 6:41 PM
Nice new tool! We're looking forward to seeing some HFs coming off the lathe. Supposedly the blizzard's heading down here come Friday night. Probably just be rain by then. Oh well, so much for getting off from school and spending more time in the shop!:(