PDA

View Full Version : GLOAT!!! - See what Brown can do for you.

Nancy Laird
01-29-2008, 8:01 PM
Today, after most of the ice and snow had melted off, a big brown truck made its way into our driveway and offloaded--

Nine - 9 - count 'em, 9 boxes---

See - sent to us

David could hardly wait to get home from work to start opening boxes and playing with his new toys (although you'd never know he was happy to look at this picture!).

We are replacing the 1-1/2hp unit with a 2-1/2hp, reconfiguring a little, and ordered the "auto-on" blast gates from PSI. So--when a gate is opened, the DC will turn on automatically. No more walking across the shop to turn on the circuit breaker (since the last remote bit the dust) or searching for the remote.

We weren't so lucky as Ken - they had the 2-1/2hp units in stock and we didn't get an upgrade :(, but that's okay. This one will last until we die.

Gary Keedwell
01-29-2008, 8:16 PM
Looking good Nance.....Hey...I like Dave's shirt...gonna have to get me one when I get out there.:D

Gary

Bruce Page
01-29-2008, 8:17 PM
Sweeeeet!
Congrats!!

Wasn't that ice lovely this morning?
Oh yeah, you don't have to go to work anymore...

Sandia was on a 2 hour delay, but of course I didn't find that out until I got to my office - on time. :(

Ken Fitzgerald
01-29-2008, 8:22 PM
Congrats Nancy!

Jesse Cloud
01-29-2008, 8:24 PM
Great gloat Nancy!

Don't hesitate to call when you get ready to mount that motor. That sucker is heavy!!!

Jim Becker
01-29-2008, 8:35 PM
Very nice gloat, Nancy and Dave! Of course, I really do think you need the larger 55 gallon drum...LOL...that little 35 gallon jobbie is going to fill up FAST!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-29-2008, 8:41 PM
Hey Jim....I can't speak for Nancy or Dave but this old guy in the future will be able to handle a 35 gallon container a whole lot easier than a 55 gallon container. Just my feeble take on it.:D

Nancy Laird
01-29-2008, 8:41 PM
Of course, I really do think you need the larger 55 gallon drum...LOL...that little 35 gallon jobbie is going to fill up FAST!

Wish we had the overhead room for the larger drum, Jim. But we are barely able to get the unit into the room as it is. :( We even wanted to move the unit to the outside wall and have a plenum accessible from outside, but the roofline on the lead-to drops the ceiling height from 95" to 90"--and we were shut out of that idea.:(:( Darn it!!!! David didn't want to have to hand-empty the drum, but I guess he still gets to go play in the sawdust occasionally.

Nancy Laird
01-29-2008, 8:42 PM
Hey Jim....I can't speak for Nancy or Dave but this old guy in the future will be able to handle a 35 gallon container a whole lot easier than a 55 gallon container. Just my feeble take on it.:D

Yeah, Ken--us too. And see above post.

Don Bullock
01-29-2008, 9:02 PM
David looks happy to me.;):D

Congratulations on the new addition to your shop. Have fun putting it all together. Perhaps then David will look even happier.