PDA

View Full Version : YorkCraft line

Andrew Long
01-29-2008, 3:04 PM
I believe I've read a while back Wilke is no longer selling equipment. Did anyone pick up the YorkCraft line (I presume this was Wilke's exclusive)?

They had introduced a 12" jointer that seemed to be a great value. Is there another model out there comparable... I'm guessing it's Grizzly.

Al Willits
01-29-2008, 8:11 PM
Not sure about joiners, but the 15" Grizzly planer is a dead ringer for the 15" Yorkcraft I have, least looking at it in the catalog it is.

Al

Jim Becker
01-29-2008, 8:36 PM
Yorkcraft was a house brand of Wilke. I tend to doubt you will see it again, but in general, the same tools are sold by others under their own house brand names with whatever design and engineering specifications that the brand owner makes arrangements for with the sources.

John Thompson
01-29-2008, 9:28 PM
The 20" Yorkie planer I have is idenical to the Grizzly and parts swithch out. I do believe in a conversation with Curt Wilke months ago that he stated the Yorkie 15" planer.. 8" joiner and 12" joiner were the same as Grizzly also.

I spoke with Curt just the other day as he has changed the name of the business to C.H. Wilke, Inc. and his web-site should be up in a couple of weeks. He is still sevicing machines and has the majority of York-craft.. Bridge-wood parts for machines sold on hand even though he is not having them made and selling the machines them-selves retail .

He is now a dealer for Power-matic.. Steel City.. etc.. etc.. and and can be reached by phone if anyone has the need. You can Google C.H. Wilke, Inc. and get the number.

Sarge..