PDA

View Full Version : Drawer slide dilema

gerford carter
01-29-2008, 1:02 PM
I am building all the cabinets in my new house and am looking at drawer slides. I am looking at one of the self closing slides. I'm building them myself, so cost really isn't an issue. I just want a REALLY nice feeling drawer. I am looking at Mepla Dynamic undermount slides and Blum "blumotion" slides. Any opinions on these? Are there other slides I should look at? I'm doing a kitchen and 3 bathrooms so I'd like to get it right the first time. Thanks for the input.
For my cabinet doors. I'm thinking of using the mepla hinges with the soft close adapter. It makes the cabinet door close gently. Have you had good experience with these?
thanks

Dave Falkenstein
01-29-2008, 2:12 PM
Check with these folks - I have found them to be very helpful:

http://www.cabinetparts.com/

Ron Williams
01-29-2008, 5:51 PM
Blumotion very good product

Trent Flemming
01-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Blum Tandem series are really sharp. Heavy duty and a bit pricey too, but they sure are nice!

I am in the same situation. Currently redoing the kitchen, just ordered the Tandem slides from A&H Turf. I ordered 16 slides and I'm not for sure about the total weight but shipping UPS was 78.00 (did I mention they are heavy).
If you get the Blum be sure to get the drilling template.

Have fun.

Trent

fRED mCnEILL
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM
When I bulit my kitchen cabinets I use Blum undermount slides(Tandem). Blumotion wasn't avialable yet but I ten retrofitted a few drawers with it when it came out. My wife and daughter LOVED the slides. I went with Blum because they were cheaper than the others. When my daughter moved into her own house I built new cabinets there as well and she insisted on Blum. I can;t compare them to other undermounts but they are strong, move smoothly and are easy to install. and the undermounts allow you to "show off" nice drawers. I built some out of apple and some from cherry.

Fred Mc.

Greg Funk
01-30-2008, 1:33 AM
I can't speak to Mepla or other slides but I would highly recommend the Blumotion. There may be cheaper alternatives but I don't think you could go wrong with Blum.

Chris Bruno
01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
For what its worth, the best pricing I've found is at Woodworker's Hardware. I have no affiliation, but their shipping is pretty fast and their prices are good.

http://wwhardware.com/index.cfm/pageid/0

-Chris