PDA

View Full Version : Help Dating a Machine

Michael N Taylor
01-28-2008, 10:50 PM
The local Craigs list has several machines for sale by the same person. One is a Delta Rockwell Model 71 14" bandsaw. I was wanting to know how old the saw could be and an approximate value in good condition. The seller has no ideas on the age, his father died and he is just wanting to get rid of the machines I think.
I can not find anything on a model 71 so any information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Chuck Lenz
01-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Old Wood Working Machines on the net is a great source for looking up dates.

Rick Gooden
01-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm afraid I can't offer any advice. In my younger days I dated a number of young ladies, but never a machine.

Glen Blanchard
01-28-2008, 11:29 PM
OOOhhhhhhhh. This is about a bandsaw!!! Thought for a moment there that I had stepped into the wrong forum. :eek: :D

Mark Rios
01-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Dating a machine is still illegal in most states.

Mike Armstrong
01-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Dating a machine is still illegal in most states.

. . . but not in San Francisco!:D

Glen Blanchard
01-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Mike - Wish I could help, but sadly I cannot - Chuck's suggestion is the right one here. Oh, and btw, please excuse our attempts at humor - we just cannot help ourselves, and no disrespect is intended. ;)

Brodie Brickey
01-29-2008, 3:54 AM
The local Craigs list has several machines for sale by the same person. One is a Delta Rockwell Model 71 14" bandsaw. I was wanting to know how old the saw could be and an approximate value in good condition. The seller has no ideas on the age, his father died and he is just wanting to get rid of the machines I think.
I can not find anything on a model 71 so any information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

As others have said, Old Wood Working Machinery site is great for something like this. That said, I wouldn't offer over 150-200 as you can get a new one from Grizzly (and an admittedly good bandsaw G0555) for $395.

Rick Moyer
01-29-2008, 6:20 AM
OOOhhhhhhhh. This is about a bandsaw!!! Thought for a moment there that I had stepped into the wrong forum. :eek: :D

Title was just too good to resist wasn't it?;) Objectiphilia(sp) was a topic on "Boston Legal" recently, I love that show.

David Giles
01-29-2008, 2:37 PM
Whew! I thought this was a thread on Japanese robotics.