PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Hinges

Ken Shoemaker
01-28-2008, 8:45 PM
Does anyone have a good source of continuous hinges? I need 2 brass 1 1/6" X 24" hinges. I looked at Rockler but was wondering if ther was a better source out there.

TIA Ken

Jason Beam
01-28-2008, 9:39 PM
This isn't gonna be helpful unless you've got something similar near you, but .... Around here we have a store called Blue Collar Supply and they sell a bunch of sheet metal, nuts and bolts, screws, and all sorts of other nifty stuff like angle iron and channel aluminum. In addition, they have a bunch of allthread and continuous hinges. The piano hinges are not the elegant plated ones like you see at rockler and home depot, they're usually uncoated, though I think they have solid brass ones that'd polish up nice. But they're VERY well made hinges and they're much more economical. If you don't need them to look purdy, that's where I'd get 'em. There's bound to be a place like that everywhere, maybe even ones with fancy platings.

Richard M. Wolfe
01-28-2008, 9:42 PM
Ken, I just checked my Van Dyke's catalog. The closest they come is 1 1/8" in a brass 24", and it's thirteen bucks. I like using this company when I can as I find their prices to be very competitive and service has always been good for me.

Jamie Buxton
01-28-2008, 9:46 PM
Check McMaster-Carr. www.mcmaster.com