PDA

View Full Version : Well heck it looks like I'm going to be a ......

Fred Voorhees
01-28-2008, 7:58 PM
...GRANDFATHER!!!! As if turning 50 wasn't big enough. Our son and daughter in law came tonight to have dinner with us. I think now that they had an ulterior motive about coming. They sprung the news on me and the LOML that we will be grandparents for the first time this coming September. Gee, I don't know if I'm ready to be called PopPop or grandpa.:p

Ken Fitzgerald
01-28-2008, 8:03 PM
Congrats Fred!.........

Grandpa.....Pa-pa.......It won't matter!

mark page
01-28-2008, 8:23 PM
Congrats, PaPaw!!!!:D

Rick Gibson
01-28-2008, 8:25 PM
Congrats Fred. Been a grandfather for 16 years and it's great fun. Heck If I'd known how much fun grandchildren are I would have skipped the kids and gone straight to the grandkids.

Paul Greathouse
01-28-2008, 8:39 PM
Congratulation Fred, but I've got you beat by one month. Our Daughter-In-Law is due August 10th with our first grandchild. I'm not sure what I will be called yet, but at least at 46, I'm still a little too young to be called Old Fart.

Rick Gibson
01-28-2008, 8:42 PM
Might not be an old fart but you really feel old going to bed with a grandmother.:)

Jim Becker
01-28-2008, 9:20 PM
That was fast....congratulations!

I'm hoping that I have a long wait for that since my oldest is only 12. (PLEASE!) But my younger brother is already a grandfather! LOL

Jason Roehl
01-28-2008, 9:26 PM
Might not be an old fart but you really feel old going to bed with a grandmother.:)

Now, I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, and I better not be anywhere close to being a grandpa (my oldest kid turns 10 in 3 weeks), but I have learned something in 12+ years of marriage--saying something like that (or typing it) anywhere my wife might hear (or read) it is bad for your health. On the flip side, it would solve the problem of going to bed with a grandmother. :rolleyes: :p

(Congrats, Fred!)

Bryan Rocker
01-28-2008, 9:34 PM
Congrats, being a grandpa is worlds better than being a dad. I am only 43 and my second grandchild is on the way....It sure is nice to spoil them :)

Mitchell Andrus
01-28-2008, 9:54 PM
Congrats. Best of luck to all.

Lee Schierer
01-29-2008, 1:31 PM
Congratulations, it a great club to be a member in. Grand kids are great. We get to have ours a week alone in the summer for Gramma camp andtake them to all sorts of places. It also give you the right to ride those kiddie rides at the amusment park because the new rides terrify you and to go see the G rated kids movies. You can also try out all those neat toys at the store that you couldn't touch when you were a kid or go near when your kids were that age. Best of all just about the time your nerves are frazzled, its time for them to go home. :D

Make sure they get introduced to the woodshop early on. You'll love working with them.

Oh, if they're due in September you only have a month to get teh plans for that criband dressing table and rocking horse and........

Have fun.

Dennis Peacock
01-29-2008, 3:25 PM
Congrats Fred and family!!!!!!

Cliff Rohrabacher
01-29-2008, 3:45 PM
If some one had told me how much fun it was being a grand father I'd have laughed in their face. I'd have been wrong.
It's way cool and fun~!!

congrats.