PDA

View Full Version : Found another bandsaw possibly, need some help

Jason Scott
01-28-2008, 5:24 PM
A pic of it below, it is a Jet 14", guy says it is in excellent shape, I will have to drive about a 3 hour round trip to get it, so I need to know how much to give for it, what would be a great/fair deal, taking into account the driving too, thanks for any help.

Jason

John Thompson
01-28-2008, 6:58 PM
You can get a new 14" Jet for around $500-$600 new. I would not give more than half that for used and I do believe from the picture that is the older Jet in blue. So... if in good shape, not go much more than $250.

If I were you, I would call and ask him what the asking price is before you make the drive. And If more than $300, I would ask if negotiable. Based on that, you may save yourself a trip that wouldn't be necessary with a simple phone call.

Sarge..

Jason Scott
01-28-2008, 7:14 PM
I was thinking 250 as well, but man it seems like when you offer that now a days people are offended...Like the other one I was looking at, you would have think I called the guys mother something when I offered 450 for a newer jet 14" that is only 549.00 new :rolleyes:

I don't know, I'll keep everyone posted on what happens, hopefully it will all work out and I'll finally have a nice saw...

josh bjork
01-28-2008, 7:31 PM
You tell them "good luck" and "bye." I've met my share of whacko nutjob weirdos that want 99% of new price for things. Most of the time they don't look at new prices of what they are selling, they just pick a price.

Bob Slater
01-28-2008, 8:50 PM
Don't forget what 3 hours fuel /tires and oil costs these days.